Part 2

The next morning I was woken up to Sam shaking me.
"Get up and come here." He said aggressively before running downstairs. I quickly got up and followed him downstairs into the living room. The news was on and Steve's face was the headliner. Under his name, it said fugitive. I didn't want to hear what was being said on the tv, so I turned and headed into the kitchen.
"I think Cap is in trouble," Sam said as he followed me into the kitchen.
"He knows we're here for him. He will come or maybe ask for help when he knows it's safe." I said walking over to the coffee maker. I started to make coffee as I could feel Sam freaking out behind me.
"I got to help him," Sam said slamming his fist down on the kitchen counter.
"Easy there. We don't know where is Sam or how to contact him. He has our information, So stop and wait. He will come when he is ready or if we hear he's in the area we'll find him and help." I said turning to lean my back against the kitchen counter as I waited for my coffee to be ready.

It had been a day since Captain America was named a fugitive. Sam and I had just returned from our morning run when I heard a knock at our door. I looked over at Sam as he looked back at me. He then slowly began to walk over to the door. I stood behind him waiting to see who it was. We don't get visitors and no one ever comes unannounced. He opened the door and saw it was Steve and Natasha.
"Hey, man," Sam said.
"I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low." Steve said looking at Sam and then at me.
"Everyone we know is trying to kill us," Natasha said. Sam pauses and looked at me for a moment before I gave him a nod and he turned back to Steve and Natasha.
"Not everyone," Sam said as he let them enter. He told them where they can clean up and that we had a lot of extra clothing for them to borrow.
The bathroom they used was next to my room, so I stood in the doorframe and talked to Natasha who just finished with her shower. Steve was in the bathroom washing up. He then walked into the room when there was a lull in the conversation between Natasha and me and leaned against the doorframe.
"You okay?" He asked Natasha.
"Yeah." She said back.
"What's going on?" Steve asked. I looked back and forth between them and decided to give them some privacy.
"I'll be downstairs if you need me," I said, Steve gave me a nod as I walked out of the room. I stopped at the top of the stairs and listened to the rest of their conversation.
"When I first joined SHIELD, I thought I was going straight. But I guess I just traded in the KGB for HYDRA. I thought I knew whose lies I was telling, but...I guess I can't tell the difference anymore." Natasha said.
"There's a chance you might be in the wrong business," Steve said back.
"I owe you." She said sternly.
"It's okay," Steve replied.
"If it was the other way around, and it was down to me to save your life, and you be honest with me, would you trust me to do it?" She asked. I could hear the hurt in her voice.
"I would now. And I'm always honest." Steve said. His words caused me to smile.
"Well, you seem pretty chipper for someone who just found out they died for nothing."
"Well, I guess I just like to know who I'm fighting," Steve said. After that, I walked down the stairs and into the dining room. Sam walked by me and called up to Steve and Natasha.
"I made breakfast. If you guys...eat that sort of thing." Sam said. I let out a little laugh as I headed into the kitchen. When they came downstairs, we ate in silence. After we were all done, Steve, Natasha, and Sam started to talk about their plan.
"So, the question is: who in SHIELD could launch a domestic missile strike?" Natasha asked as we sat around the dining room table.
"Pierce," Steve said crossing his arms.
"Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world," Natasha said looking down at my hands that rested on the table.
"But he's not working alone, Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star," Steve said back.
"So was Jasper Sitwell," Natasha added.
"So, the real question is: how do the two most wanted people in Washington kidnap a SHIELD officer in broad daylight?" Steve said.
"The answer is: you don't," Sam said. He left the room quickly and came back just as fast. He dropped a file on the table in front of Steve.
"What's this?" Steve asked.
"Call it a resume," Sam said.
"Sam not without me."
I went and grabbed my file, placing it on the table. Sam gave me a look, but he knew it wouldn't change anything, no matter what he said to me.
Natasha picked up Sam's file first and grabbed a photo of Sam with his para-rescue team.
"Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you?" Natasha asked. "You didn't say he was a para-rescue." She said looking at Steve. Steve grabbed the photo.
"Is this Riley?" Steve asked.
"Yeah," Sam said looking at Steve and then at me.
"I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPGs. What did you use, a stealth chute?" Natasha asked Sam.
"No. These," Sam said as he handed Steve the rest of the file for Steve to read. He opened it and started to read. A smirk played on Steve's lips as he looked back up at Sam.
"I thought you said you were a pilot."
"I never said the pilot," Sam said in a cocky voice.
"And you Hayes, this is impressive," Natasha said as she read my file.
"It's a lot and it makes me look like the enemy, but it was what I was assigned as with my team. We were there to make it easy for others coming in or we were there to keep the problems quiet." I said to Natasha.
"Trust me, I understand." She said placing her hand on my shoulder. I knew she truly did. She was a Russian spy, designed to kill, just like me. America was dirty just like everyone else.
Steve grabbed the file and started to read it a little. He then looked up at me.
"U.S. assassin huh?" He said to me.
"It started as simple missions, but as you can see when Tony Stark made the Iron man suit many people tried to copy him. It led to destruction and many deaths. My team was responsible for taking them out and making sure no one finds out."
He nodded and continued to read the file. I knew there was worse stuff on there, but I didn't want to get into detail about it. Steve then closed my file and sat up straight.
"I can't ask you to do this, Sam and Hayes. You got out for a good reason." Steve said to us.
"Dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in." Sam said excitingly.
"Me too," I added.
Steve then looked back at the photos of Sam and me and pointed at our uniforms in the pictures.
"Where can we get our hands on one of these things and your uniforms?" Steve asked.
"The last one is at Fort Meade, behind three guarded gates and a twelve-inch steel wall," I answered.
Steve looked at Natasha who shrugs her shoulders at him.
"Shouldn't be a problem," Steve said to us as he shot up from his seat.