Prologue

A massive explosion rocks the street. Izuku is jarred awake, as Inko rushes into the room, grabbing his hand. 

"M-mom? W-w-what's going on?" he asks, obviously terrified. 

She doesn't respond and keeps running. She rounds the corner and loosens the grip on Izuku's hand. 

"Keep running, Izuku!" She shouts. 

Just then, another explosion rocks the apartment complex, and the ground beneath Inko crumbles.  She tumbles to the floor beneath, and all is still. Izuku jumps down the hole, frantically screaming for his mother.

"Mom!!!" He grabbed at the debris that was trapping her torso.

He pushed upward, with all his might, hoping for a reaction. something. anything. But, to no avail. His tiny, 4-year-old hands were grabbing uselessly at the concrete.
Out of nowhere, another explosion causes the ceiling to start caving in.  Izuku sees this, and grabs onto Inko's hand and tries to pull her out.
"Izuku, you need to run... Just go and don't look back, sweetie..."
The ceiling gives out, and just like that, Inko is gone.
"Mom!!" He shouts.
After what seems like hours, his sobbing finally slows, as other heroes and law enforcement gathers to what used to be his apartment complex.
A hero walks out from the debris, holding a small child with green hair, whose eyes had finally stopped leaking. As the child called for his mother, over and over again, that hero had begun to cry himself. He walked away from the building, and placed the child on the back of an ambulance, and walked over to a wall on the opposite end of the Street, where he hung his head, and covered his face with his hand, and cried. Cried for the child and what he had lost. 

Time skip 8 years

A man dressed in all black enters an orphanage, in Mustafar, Japan. He readjusts his tie and walks through the doors. He walks through to a room, where one of the nurses briefs him about a child. He nods and walks to where the child is stationed. He points to the child.
"This one?" He asks.
The nurse nods.
"Hey, kid..." He calls out.
The child slowly raises his head and makes eye contact.
"I'm John. What's your name?" He asks.
"...Izuku..." He replies.
"Izuku, huh... That's a nice name..."
He nods.
"I've noticed something about you, Izuku..." John says softly.
"What?" He asks, now confused.
"Your eyes. They hold the same loss that I had. When I lost my wife and dog. I remember them, clear as day. It was hard... Wasn't it..." He asks.
Izuku's eyes start to water, and he finally relents to the pain and cries.
"That's okay... Let it all out, Izuku..."
Izuku was now clutching to John, crying his eyes out. John pats his back softly and looks over at the nurse.
"I'll go get the papers." She says, with a sad smile.
He thanks her, and refocuses his attention to Izuku.
"How would you like to come home with me, to America?" Izuku's eyes widen.
"Really?" He asks, his voice full of wonder.
John nods and fills out the paper.
He gets up slowly, and walks over to the exit, before stopping. He turns around and calls Izuku over.
"You coming or not?"
Izuku practically flies out of the office room. He runs to the doors and pushes them open.
Time skip to America, 5 years later

Since the Mustafar orphanage, Izuku has aged and grown exponentially. So much, in fact, that if you compared him to his younger self, it would be almost impossible to tell that they were the same person. He had grown to about 6"0 and weighed about 130 lbs. He had gained many scars while training and sparring with his adopted father, John Wick.