ᏟᎻᎪᏢᎢᎬᎡ 23

after i recovered from Jaren's comment, i grabbed some clothes from my closet and hopped into the shower.

after i got out i threw on the outfit i had chosen (above) and started to blow dry my hair so that i could straighten it later. once i finished i opened the bathroom door to find Jaren sitting at the edge of the bed on his phone, scrolling through whatever social media.

i sat at my little vanity and began to straighten my dirty blonde hair, burning myself a few times here and there. i unplugged the straightener and grabbed my phone, turning to Jaren to see that he still hasn't noticed my presence.

i giggle and poke him in the nose. "c'mon babe, the others are probably waiting for us" i say, grabbing his hand to pull him up. he looked up from his phone with a smile , but it quickly turned to a look of shock as he looked me up and down.

i frown, worried that he didn't like my outfit or hair. "what's with the look?" i ask, dropping his hand that i had been holding.

he must've realized what he was doing because he snapped out of his shocked stare, shaking his head. "n-nothing, it's just...your outfit-"

"i knew i shouldn't have picked this one. i'll go change, give me a second" i ramble on, cutting him off. i begin to make my way to my closet until Jaren stood up and grabbed my arm.

he walked me over to the full body mirror and stood me in front of it. he stood behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, leaning his head in the crook of my neck.

"there was nothing wrong with your outfit Marley. just didn't see you as the type to wear fishnets, but in all honesty it's pretty hot." he says, causing me to laugh.

i turn my head towards him and give him a peck on the lips, earning a smile from the both of us.

"you're beautiful, don't forget it." he said, giving me another kiss. i turned around and pulled back, but only for a few seconds until Jaren reconnected our lips.

the kiss started to deepen into a full on makeout session, my arms wrapped around Jaren's neck while Jaren had his around my waist.

before things could go any further, we were interrupted by a knock to the door and Cam bursting in.

"can you guys hurry the hell up? we've been waiting for like half an hour."

we both quickly stopped and pulled apart before Cam could see anything. we stood with our hands behind our backs, looking anywhere besides Cam.

i nodded quickly, giving Cam a quick look. he had a raised eyebrow and i could tell that he was skeptical about something.

"what were you guys doing before i came in?" he asked, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall. Jaren and i looked at each other, struggling to come up with a lie.

"we were just talking about...um....cats?" it came out as more of a question then an answer, causing Jaren to facepalm.

Cam stood silent for a few seconds, squinting hard between us both until he finally sat up, unfolding his arms. "huh, okay then. well can you guys finish up your conversation about cats, we have places to be." he says.

Jaren and i nod our heads in response. before Cam left, he stopped outside of the door and turned to me, looking me up and down.

"oh and by the way, you might wanna cover up the hickey, Marley." he said, giving me a smirk and walking away.

my eyes widen and i ran to the bathroom to look in the mirror, only to find a large purple and blue mark on my neck. Jaren came in and laughed at my panicked expression, watching me get out and fumble around in my makeup bag.

Jaren put his hand over mine, stopping me from grabbing any of the makeup that i needed. he turned me around to face him and wrapped his arms around my waist again.

"what are you doing?" i ask, trying to turn around and grab my concealer, only for Jaren to stop me.

"i don't want you to cover up the hickey. i want everyone to know that you're mine." he says, leaning his forehead up against mine.

i sigh and give Jaren a smile. i comply and put my makeup back, turning back to Jaren and grabbing his hand.

"lets go before the others murder us for taking so long" i say, causing Jaren to chuckle.

as we made our way downstairs in silence, Jaren starts to speak.

"cats? really? you couldn't come up with anything else?" he says, causing us to both bust out laughing.