Chapter 7

Squidward felt so ashamed. "Sandy, we can't be together like this!" Squidward proclaimed. "Squidward you don't need Patrick. You have me!" Sandy replied. "But I do need him Sandy!" Squidward yelled. Squidward then ran out of the room after Patrick. He looked all over Bikini Bottom for him, but he couldn't find him. Then, he found Spongebob sulking behind a rock. "S-Spongebob?" Squidward said nervously. Spongebob then looked up at Squidward with eyes full of sadness and remorse. "Yes Squidward?" Spongebob said sadly. Squidward felt that it would be cruel to mention Patrick at this moment, so he sat down beside of him. "I'm so sorry that I hurt you," said Squidward. "It's okay, I'm the one that is in the wrong, not you. For Neptune's sake, you're a married man!" Spongebob proclaimed. "Well I don't know about that anymore," said Squidward sadly. Spongebob looked up at him with eyes full of hope, "What?" He said with a hint of happiness in his voice. "He found me and Sandy together," said Squidward, trying not to shed tears. The minuscule amount of hope and happiness within Spongebob then disappeared. "Oh. I'm sorry." He said disappointedly. "Spongebob, I know this is going to hurt, but I need to tell you this," Squidward said. "What?" Spongebob replied. "I'm afraid we just aren't meant to be. I love Patrick, and I can't risk hurting him anymore." Squidward said. Spongebob looked at him with a very hurt look on his face. He then started violently crying. Squidward held him in his tentacles while he cried, hoping it would sooth his despair. He let go of him, apologized for hurting him, and went to look for Patrick again. "I will always love you," Spongebob muttered as Squidward walked off into the sunset. No matter what Squidward tells him, he won't stop pursuing him because he loves him deeply. Nothing can stop Spongebob from getting Squidward's love and affection. Not Sandy, and certainly not Patrick. At this point, he didn't care about hurting his best friend, as long as he had Squidward, as nothing else mattered to him anymore.