Chapter 8

Squidward continued his search for Patrick. With every foot step, every breath, he could feel his heart ache in regret. How could he do this to the person he loved the most? The sun had begun to make its descent, enveloping Bikini Bottom into darkness, with it's only light being the moon. Squidward trudged back to his home. However, when he opened the door, Patrick was there, sitting on his couch. "P-P-Patrick?" Squidward said into the dark space, where the only light source was the tv. Patrick looked lifeless, as if the pure happiness and emotion was sucked out of him by some cruel entity. He slowly looked at Squidward. "Why?" he asked in a low, depressed tone. "I don't know!" Squidward exclaimed, "I don't know anything! The only thing I know for certain is that I love you Patrick! You! Not, Sandy, or Spongebob, or anyone else! Only you!" After that sad, exchange of words, Patrick just stared at him, questioning the words that came out of his mouth. He still loved him, but his heart was so broken that he didn't know if he could be with him again. He thought about everything for a moment and decided that he could be with him again. He was the person he truly loved, and nothing could change that. Sick and tired of the tense silence, Patrick then stood up and said, "Squidward I love you and I need you more than I need anything else in this world. I've never felt this way about anyone or anything. Without you, my life would be like an unfinished painting, a painting with no color. Void of feelings and purpose. I'll forgive you, as I couldn't live without you." Squidward then proceeded to bust out into tears. Patrick did as well. They held each other while the cried, and enjoyed the warm feeling of each other's embrace. Squidward's strong tentacles wrapped tightly around Patrick in a comforting, loving fashion. Patrick felt so at home in his tentacles. The sobbing stopped, and there they laid, in the floor, holding each other. Nothing could get between them now, or so they thought. Spongebob had different plans for the two...........