Ch-5: Blame ADHD

Nicole sat in the back of the limo, fidgeting under the probing gaze of the billionaire, Bruce Wayne. 

Although Nicole should have seen this miles away, I mean there was no way the brood of Gotham had friends.

'Kind of like me,'Nicole thought, and immediately chided herself for thinking like that.

 She was Nicole di Angelo, the Ghost Queen. Souls cowered before her, and her army of the undead demanded unparalleled fear and respect

 Oh, who was she kidding? Nicole was hurt. 

Percy and the other half-bloods had rejected her the moment they were done with her. They pretended to want her around but even the blind could see how the were frightened, even disgusted by her. Nicole heard their whispers when she entered a room 

unnatural

freak

monster

failure

unwanted

burden

She heard them all. And although they stung it was nothing new to Nicole, after all they couldn't come up with anything she hadn't already told herself.

 Bianca left her first chance she got.

Hades was disappointed in her. 

He wanted Nicole's sister to survive instead and didn't hesitate to tell her so. 

Persephone hated her guts, naturally. After all, Nicole was the love child of her husband's fling with a mortal, a constant reminder of his infidelity.

 If her own blood couldn't stand her, what hope did Nicole have with the campers? But that is exactly what she did hope for.

 Hope that the campers would accept her. 

That Percy would understand her. He held a childish and stupid misconception that she would be loved at camp. 

Find a home with people like her. 

She was wrong and she paid for it with her tears. 

"Umm. Well, should we know about any medical conditions or anything?" The gazillionaire's voice startled her out of her thoughts.

"Diagnosed with ADHD and dyslexia."she replied in a monotone, looking out of the window.

"Ahh. Okay." He made a note on his iPad. 

"Anything I should know?" She finally decided to make some conversation. After all, she was going to be living in his house.

"Yes. You are going to have a couple of siblings. Boys. Be warned. They can be a bit violent."

She nodded,"Ha! They'll be the ones needing a warning."she said under her breath, not anticipating that he would hear her. She continued looking out of the window and soon fell back into her thoughts.

The car slid to a stop and brought Nicole back to the present. 

'Stupid.' She chastised herself.

 There were a million ways for someone to sneak up and kill her while she was daydreaming. Well, at least she knew she could blame ADHD for this slip up.

"Well, Nicole are you ready to meet your new family?" Bruce asked, awkwardly. Nicole murmured her assent, not knowing the roller coaster of emotions and secrets that she was going to get on.

As she walked up to the manor, an old gentleman opened the door. 

"Ah, master Bruce. And who might you be?" the man questioned in a kind voice. He had a British accent and was dressed like a butler.

 Was he a butler? If she had a butler like this man, someone who could keep the batman in check, then Nicole was pretty sure she would have no difficulties taking over the world, while dressed fashionably.

Gods, she was starting to sound like one of Aphrodite's brats-and there goes her ADHD again. Getting back on track. 

"This is Nicole di Angelo. She will be living with us now." Bruce said easily, as if he adopted sorry orphans on a weekly basis. Judging by the deadpan look the British dude gave Wayne, he probably did. Nicole decided to add her own two cents to the conversation. 

"I'm sorry, mister, but i didn't quite catch your name." she asked. 

"Oh dear, I did expect Master Bruce to tell you about me." he said aiming a chastising  look at Bruce. 

She already liked this dude. 

"Well, Miss, I'm Alfred Pennyworth and I am the butler of Wayne Manor. Now whey don't you two step inside. I'm sure the young masters would love to meet Miss di Angelo." 

"Wait. How many are there again?"asked Nicole with some trepidation,"I wasn't really listening." 

Bruce sighed, "Four." 

She had NOT expected this. Being stuck in the same house as so many people, Gods above (and below), she couldn't do this. 

This was just like camp all over again. She wanted to run, the streets of Gotham suddenly didn't look so bad. 

She would have had it not been for the heavy hand on her shoulder pinning her in place. It took all Nicole had to not give into her instincts and training that screamed THREAT!FIGHT!RUN!

 "Calm down, kid, you look like you are going to have a panic attack." She  identified the voice as Bruce's. 

She would not break down in front of him. Nicole took a deep, grounding breath and met the concerned gaze of Alfred. 

"Lead the way." she said, with all the grim preparedness of entering Hades. 

"Are you sure Nicole. you look rather..." Bruce started but one sharp look from the girl had him trailing off.

 "Very well miss. Lets go then." Said the butler.

 And with that Nicole entered the Sphinx's den.

————————————————————-

Yayyyy ur baaaaaack!!! I mean i think so cuz...ugh ill just stay quiet. 

Okay. I read this. 

**face palms** cara deums, did you not read anything?

And since you haven't checked ur messages lately u r not back obvi. And a small warning, i may or may not have been spamming you so....

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP Your KILLING MEH

Oh yeah. About that..... 

I restarted spamming you

maybe

Um bye