Ch-8: Because

Jason's brain POV

"Jason?" Nightwing asked.

It was a pretty relaxed night and the four

batboys were sitting on a rooftop and watching over the city. Birds eye view I guess. \_@_/

"What up, Goldie? No names on field. Seems like you have forgotten."

"To me, it seems that you have forgotten your manners." He retorted.

"What do you mean?" He said stoically, acting like he was in a Bollywood movie, looking in the opposite direction.

"With Nicole. Sure, you were hostile towards Tim but that was because

of the whole robin thing. What reason has she given you for you to act like this?"

"She- she feels like the pit."

"What do you mean?" it was Tim who asked. He had already analysed the entire situation and if it was Jason who stuttered?It was bad.

Like Armageddon bad (armamagadon??)

"She feels like Death, worse than that. Trust me, I've met him."

Jason simply couldn't handle the awkward silence anymore so he decided to call it a night. It was 2:02, more or less the time he generally ended patrol. Although, it was kinda late for Replacement and Demon Spawn.

"I'm heading back. What about you guys?"

He got the common response of no, in varied formats. Shrugging, he left with the thought of some nice, hot coffee.

————————————————

He got rid his 'uniform' quickly and slipped on a pair of teal contacts, just in case Nicole was around. (you'll understand soon) He pushed her out of his mind and went up to Thomas Wayne's study, two steps at a time, humming to himself.

What? It was a good patrol!

He dug out his a random mug, a wave of guilt washing over him when he accidentally nudged Dick's mug. He remembered asking Alfred why he couldn't use the blue one, especially since neither Bruce nor Alfred used it.

Alfred had shaken his head slightly and promised to take him to choose a mug himself. They had gone that evening but Jason hadn't figured that it was Dick's until he came a few weeks later, to grab some old things and yell at Bruce and then be coaxed into staying for tea by Alfred.

Well, Alfred had tea. Jason doubted that Dick drank anything weaker than coffee.

Aaaannyyways, that was when Jason saw Dick drink from that mug and then things clicked. He had gotten a blood red mug which he used from then on but he felt a little sour, even when the Prodigy Son had left, Alfred lovingly still kept a piece of him.

Back to the point. The way I get distracted, I swear I probably have ADHD.

Coffee machine, something, I don't know, black coffee?? I don't really like coffee. I think I mentioned that. And here I go again. Smh.

Let me take out the previous chap, hold up. Mainly so I can copy paste parts.

Yeah, so he grabbed his own mug and hit a few buttons, black coffee blah blah blah. He was just squirting a swirl of whipped cream, yes, he knows doesn't seem like a whipped cream kind of guy but he just felt like it that night. He thought he heard someone but did not react, instead heading back to the counter after putting the cream back in place.

"Who's there?"

He turned on his heel and pulled out his knife. "Could ask the same of you."

"Could just say 'Jason' or 'Me' or the other dozen ways of introducing yourself."