Chapter Nine

(y/n)'s POV

I had decided to take a nice walk, since it was a nice evening and I had nothing to do tomorrow. Rehearsals were starting this week, and I was excited, but I wanted to relax while I still could. Even early in shows, things always got hectic really fast, and would quickly absorb my free time.

The air was nice and cool, and I was on my way to the park to look at the trees while they still had green leaves. I wasn't going with anyone, since I was introverted and needed to be alone sometimes. And plus, my friends were busy. It was the perfect opportunity to just hang out and sing to the birds.

I stuffed my hands into my hoodie pockets. It was a plain black zip-up hoodie, and I loved it to death. It was super warm and soft, and it was oversized and covered my hands with the sleeves. I loved oversized clothing.

As I made it to the park, I was greeted by the chirping of birds in the trees. I grinned up at the trees, giddy at the feeling around me.

Katherine's POV

I looked down at my phone, opening my old conversation with Davey, glancing over at the girl who was walking by. She looked almost exactly like the girl he'd described to me a few days ago when I pestered him about details on his crush.

I sneakily took a picture and sent it to him, with a text that said "This is (y/n), right?" I then walked up to her, smiling. I was gonna introduce myself and try to befriend this girl. I had to know if he was good enough for Davey.

I tapped her shoulder and she whirled around, eyes wide.

"Hi, I just saw you and you looked familiar. Have we met?" I asked, and she turned around fully to face me. A confused look crossed her face, and she furrowed her brows in concentration. I had to admit, she definitely was as pretty as Davey had described.

"I don't think so. Do you go to my school or something?" She asked, tilting her head.

"I go to Manhattan West High." I answered. I knew that we didn't go to the same school, but I had to pretend I thought that maybe she did.

"Oh, I don't go there but I have a friend who does. Do you know a David Jacobs?" She asked, her face lighting up.

"Yeah! He's a close friend of mine," I gave her a smile.

"He and I are doing a production of Heathers together. He's a really good singer," she gave a light smile.

"Yeah. That's the movie about the popular girl with a boyfriend who murders some other kids, right?" I asked.

"Yeah! I get to play Veronica, the girl who gets in with the popular girls and he's a murderer boyfriend. It's really fantastic, and she's been a huge dream role since I was 14," she gushed, a whole new light in her eyes.

"That's a long time. Have you always liked theatre?" I asked. She was actually pretty interesting to talk to when she got so passionate.

"Nah, I first started to like it when I was 13 when I was in Into The Woods Jr." she explained. "But enough about me! What's your name?"

"Oh, I'm Katherine but my friends mainly call me Kath. You?" I answered, the smile on my face genuine.

"I'm (y/n), but some of my friends call me Grape Soda. It's really nice to meet you Katherine," she stuck out a hand to shake. I took it and grinned at her.

"What's the story behind that nickname?" I laughed.

"I dyed my hair purple all the way back in seventh grade because I was edgy, and then they took to calling me Grape Soda. And alas, even as the hair dye is gone and my hair is (h/c), the nickname still stands," she said dramatically. I laughed. Davey was definitely gonna hear about this.