Chapter 5: Training ground

*Minatos POV*

I opened the door and took off my shoes, “I'm home.” I said as I walked into the kitchen. “Welcome home Minato.” Both my parents greeted me, “How was school today?” My mother asked me. “It was easy, everyone was nice, there was this kid, his name is Izuku Midoriya, he was especially nice to me.” I said. ‘The only one in fact.’ I thought. “Oh really, maybe you should invite him for dinner sometime.” My mother offered, “I barely met the guy” I said ‘but he seemed to know me before, maybe my other self knew him.’ I thought.

……….

*Izuku's POV*

“I'm home.” I announced, “Welcome home sweetie.” My mom welcomed me as she hold a pot. “What's for dinner?” I asked and walked towards my room, ”I'm making rice with fish and vegetables.” She retorted, “Sounds good!” I hollered from my room as I changed. I took out my notes and studied them for a bit, “Minato was pretty amazing, I have to write everything down before i forget it.”

……….

“Hey mom, remember when I told you about Minato?...” I asked ”hmmm…..isn't he that friend of yours that left the school not too long ago?” She questioned “Yeah, well turned out he was in an accident and lost his memories.” I informed. “Oh dear, is he doing well?” She asked, “I think he's actually doing better than before, I mean he did gain a quirk after all.” I said. “What a miracle!” she was astonished, it was hard to believe but she knew I had no reason to lie about such thing.

...Friday...

It's almost time to go home, I've been thinking about what Minato said on Monday, I haven't talked to him about it since he always disappears after the lunch bell and after school ends. It's hard to keep a 1 minute conversation with him, he always looks busy so I don't intrude or try to stop him but kacchan does get angry when he disappears. Ever since Minato arrived kanchans been more explosive.

“Hey Midoriya, can I talk to you?” Minato asked, which also surprised me. “Uhh yea, whats up?” “Well it's about what I told on Monday, I want to show it to you tomorrow if it's possible.” He said. “Of course, I have nothing going on tomorrow, I loved to see it!” I thought he'd never ask. “Then it's settled, here give me your phone number.” He handed me his phone and I saved my number on his list. “I'll send you the location.” *Bzzzzz* my phone rang, it's a park next to a forest. “Meet you there by 9AM alright.” He said “yeah, see ya there.”

...Next Day…

*ring... ring... ring...* it’s 7 AM, I got dressed and went downstairs and ate breakfast, afterwards I grabbed my backpack and started heading towards the park. Once I got there, it was already 8:30, 30 minutes early. “Hey, your early!!” Minato suddenly popped out of the trees, almost giving me a heart attack. “Oh it's only you, yeah I woke up early and decided to start walking.” I scratched my head out of embarrassment. “Which means we can come back early too!” He said.

“Huh? What do you mean by coming back early? are we going somewhere?” I asked, “Of course, the location we're going to is classified, I found it two weeks ago while I was looking for a place to train.” he said as he jumped off the tree. “How come it's classified?” I asked, “Well… no one knows about except me, and I'm trusting you to keep it a secret.” He said with a finger on his lips.

“Follow me.” He said, and I did, we went into the forest that was next to the park and soon after climbed down some rocks, we walked for 30 minutes till Minato came to a halt and turned around. “Here we are, this is the place.” he said. I looked around, it was a whole acre of land, there were three lined up logs next to a small pond and a small storage house, “whoa, you found this place, and nobody knows?” I questioned.

“Well technically I built it, and I mean that I cleared some trees, built the that storage house over there, dug a hole and added some water to it.” He proudly said. “By yourself!?” I shockingly said. “Yeah… why? Does it surprise you?” He said. I was dumbstruck, how could he possibly clear an acre of trees… “if you're wondering how i cleared the trees, I chopped them down and built that storage house with the leftover wood, plus there weren't that many trees when I found the place.” He sounded like an expert. “Anyways, enough talk it's time for show and tell, we came here so I could show you my quirk.” He said.

“Why did we come all this way?” I questioned. “Well my quirk can do a variety of things, some techniques can make a lot of damage, so no one will be able to detect us this far out of the city when I demonstrate.” ,Whoa, he's practically prepared for anything.’ I thought.

“For example, I can make a rasengan that can destroy a boulder.” He made a clone and held out his hands and made a circular motion, a blue light started to form over his hand turning into a blue light ball, he aimed it toward the ground and ‘boom’ there was a hole in the ground, a car could practically fit in there.

“Whoa!” I took out my notebook and started writing everything down. “What are you writing down?” asked Minato, “oh well I'm adding more details to my hero analysis.” I said. “Can I see what you're writing?” He asked. “Yeah, of course, this is note book number 11.” I showed him the notes that I'd been writing down. “Wow, so you have 11 notebooks in total, how long did it take to finish all those?” He question.

“I started when I was about 7 years old and it takes me about 6-8 months to fill one notebook.” I said. “Whoa, you're pretty amazing yourself you know.” He flipped through the pages and looked amazed at my notes, made me feel proud if it.

Published 5/20/19