Chapter 7: Like All Might?

*Minato’s pov*

A group of men wearing black masks that covered their mouths came out from the vault room, “Hey Boss we ar-” they looked down at their boss tied up with an injury and a child tying up one of their men. “Hey kid, what the hell do you think you're dong!?” The man in the middle of the group demanded. “I'm stopping you guys from robbing this place.” I retorted. “Tch, Lets see you try.” The man pulled a gun and shot.

The man looked confused, I had used my Flying Thunder God to avoid the bullet, then I knocked out the rest of his crew, he turned around and dropped the gun, “I surrender! Don't hurt me!” He pleaded. “I won't do anything to you now that you surrendered, plus the cops are almost here.” I said. The man collapsed on the floor. “Is everyone ok?! No ones injured?!” I called out to the people laying on the ground. Everyone started to cheer as they knew they were safe from the enemy. “Thank you very much.” They all said to me, I'm not used to this stuff so I just stood there like the 12 year old boy that I was, it's better that way so no one might get suspicious.

Cops knocked down the doors and were surprised at what they saw, a crowd of people cheering a 12 year old while the enemy was knocked out in the ground.

……….

“What did you do in there kid?” One of the cops questioned me. “I stopped the enemy.” I tried to act like a 12 year old. “How exactly did you stop them?” he asked. “With my quirk.” I casually informed. That answer seemed to satisfy him since he got up and left, he started talking to one of the other officers, so I eavesdropped. “He's telling the truth sir, all the other witnesses say the same thing, he stopped them with his quirk.” The officer confirmed.

Both officers came towards me “kid, where are your parents?” They asked, “Home, I can call them if you want.” I said, they nodded.

I dialed their phone number and told them where I was, they freaked out and told me to stay where I was, as soon as they arrived they crushed me into a hug but soon after they were dragged away for questioning.
I spotted Midoriya near the crowd of people who were looking at the crime scene, he was shaking anxiously but then spotted me and relief washed over him, I waved and signaled him to wait for me after everything was over, he nodded in response.

“Minato are you ok? are you hurt?” My parents were worried sick, “yeah, I'm fine.” They sighed in relief, “the police told us what you did, and… it was reckless but we're just glad that you're ok. ”Yeah, I'm sorry for worrying you.” guilt washed over me as I saw how worried they were. “Let's go home.” My mother said, but I couldn't just leave Midoriya after telling him to wait for me, “sorry but I promised Midoriya to meet me after the whole situation was over.” I nervously laughed. “Oh... well alright, but promise me that you'll come home before dark ok.” She asked, “Promise.” I saluted.

……….

Once everything was over I went up to Midoriya, “What the heck happened in there?!” Midoriya Half screamed, “uhh well when I heard the gunshot my instincts kicked in, I guess.” I said, “I mean how did you stop a whole group with weapons!?” He shouted, “well it's hard to explain...I used a technique called Flying Thunder God, It's basically teleportation but I have to mark the surface that I want to transfer an object or myself to with a formula, for example, when I climbed into the vents and out I marked the ceiling and floor, and when the man was about to pull the trigger I teleported myself near one of the desks and grabbed a paperclip and coiled it, then I added some chakra to my fingertips and aimed at the enemy, then I knocked out his little minions and I also dodged a bullet.” I informed.

“Woah, Minato you're amazingly awesome!” Midoriya cheered, “I guess so.” I awkwardly said, I wasn't used to being told I was awesome. “You're like a teenaged All Might.” Midoriya muttered not realising I could hear him. ‘hm really?’

….one week after….

I had come out the news but to keep people from finding out about a boy who “manifested” a quirk at 12 years of age, saving a bunch of civilians, really suspicious, so it was told that I had been one of the victims and had just grabbed a gun and shot the man as self defense. But I wasn't bothered by that, what did was what Midoriya had muttered to himself, ‘I… just like All Might? I don't think so.’ I never got the chance to ask him in person though, every time I'm about to ask him I either got interrupted by a classmate saying how I was so tough and brave on the day of the robbery or Midoriya was busy. Plus I always go to the training grounds by using my Flying Thunder God technique, I can eat my lunch peacefully there and also train a little. I guess maybe today I can take him with me and finally ask him.

The lunch bell rang so I signalled Midoriya to follow me, I had marked a wall near the lockers with my formula. Afterwards I explained to Midoriya where I would always disappear to during lunch time, he was shocked I could do such a thing. After teleporting both of us I asked, “What did you when you said that I was just like All Might?” He looked at me with bewilderment, “when did I say that?” He asked, “well you didn't say it, you muttered it to yourself but I heard you because of my enhanced ears, last week after the robbery.” I explained, “oooooh,well what I meant was that your quirk is kinda like All Mights and you're so heroic too, and so I thought that maybe you could turn out to become the number one, just like him.” He explained. “Ahh, but what if I don't want to be a hero, I mean it would be great and all but it's just that I don't think I'm cut out for it.” ‘it brings back memories.’ I sadly thought, Midoriya noticed, “Well I think you're perfect for it, you have a strong quirk, you train and you just saved some lives too, maybe give it a try, you could always dropout you know.” He cheerfully encouraged, it worked a little. “I guess I can, but I'll see, only time will tell.” I remarked.

Published 6/12/19