Chapter 8: The predictor

Three months later

*Minatos pov*

I was in my desk waiting for the last bell to ring, lost in thought I was thinking about what Midoriya had said, becoming a hero will be an easy task but what about him.
I mean he's a nice guy but he's unfortunate with bad luck and no quirk. We've gotten a little closer for the past few months, you could even consider us best buds but he still doesn't know that I'm from another universe or that my quirk isn't actually a quirk. 'well nobody actually knows'

After I had showed him the training grounds I eventually started inviting him to eat with me there during lunch since he probably ate alone… plus, I showed him some defensive moves after we'd eaten… and having some company was kinda nice.

“Hey Minato…. Minato.” Midoriya waved his hand bringing me back into reality. “Huh… oh, hey Midoriya, what's up?” I asked. “Ah come on, what's the point of being formal with me if you're the one who said not to call you Namekaze.” Mido- I mean Izuku said as he turned bright red. “Hehe, sorry about that Izuku, I guess it's a habit of mine, anyways were you gonna say something?” I said. “Yeah, vacation starts in two weeks and after that we'll be going into our 2nd year of junior high…. And well… I was wondering… if you're still gonna continue coming here or if you'll transfer to another school cuz you know… of what happened at the bank.” He said looking down, “huh?” I was dumbstrucked, why would I transfer? “I don't understand what do you mean by that, why are you asking?” I questioned, “wait so you haven't gotten any requests from other schools?” he asked.
“Why would I get requests?” I asked, he fainted and the bell rang.

10 minutes later

“So basically my performance at the bank was supposed to have gone 'viral' and somehow someone would have recognized my "talents", and that would have been my chance to be recommended for UA High in the future?" I sorta summed it up, I think. "Pretty much, yeah, but based on your reaction, I'm guessing you haven't received any requests." Izuku correctly said. "Well Yeah because of my qu- um my uh." I scratched the back of my head, "cuz of your what?" He questioned. "I guess there's no point in hiding it cuz sooner or later you'll find out… ok well the reason why that robbery didn't become viral was because of my quirk, it's dangerous for people to know about the origin of my quirk, especially how it works, people think it's cool and all but it's actually a super powerful quirk, there's people who would do anything just to see it's full power, and you never know, there might be someone out there with the power of stealing a quirk." I seriously said, Izuku looked surprised but at the same time he understood, "so does that mean you have to be careful with who you show your quirk? But the whole class knows and there's people in other classes that probably already know." He said, "Yeah, and when I enter UA... everyone will know." I retorted , "oh, guess you're right." He said. "Welp, this is goodbye for now, see ya." I waved and headed towards my house.

…..

I opened the door and to my surprise there was a man talking to my parents in the living room, as I got closer I recognized him, he was the man I had protected the day of the robbery. Why is he here?

"Oh hey darling, how was school today?" My mother asked, "umm it was nice, as usual." I retorted. "That's great darling, can you come over here for just a sec, we need to talk." I put my bag down and showed myself to the couch, "Hello sir, I'm Minato." I introduced myself though I knew he already knew who I was. "I'm Cho taikoku Torena, it's an honor to meet you, I've been searching for you ever since that day in the bank… I owe you my life for saving me, and so I wanted to repay you by recruiting you into my private school, Narau Junior High, that is if you accept my offer." He said, I sat there thinking, 'A private school? Will that boost my chances of enrolling into UA High?' My parents nodded at me,

"Um this is too sudden, but may I have some time to think this through?" I asked, "Well yes of course, take your time, there's no need to rush." He respectively said.
I nodded and said my farewells as I headed to my room and changed into more comfortable clothing. I got my phone and texted Izuku.

Midoriya Izuku

Me:

Can you predict the future!?

Midor…:

Ummm, what are you talking
about?

Me:
Just a few hours ago you asked me
if I was gonna transfer to another
school because of the bank robbery!!

Midor…:
Yeah, what does that have to
do with me predicting the future?

Me:
The man that I had saved from
a shot in the bank turned out
to be a principal from Narau
Junior High,and he offered
me a spot. I don't know if this
would help me in the future,
ya'know?

Midor…:
That would totally, guarantee
you a free pass into UA High,
you should take the offer.

Me:
But I don't want to leave
you alone.

Midor…:
Don't worry about me I'll be fine, I promise, we can visit each other in the weekends or something, we'll figure it out.

Me:
That's brilliant, I can use my Flying Thunder God to meet with
you during lunch and after school.

Midor…:
That's not what I meant but it's a pretty good idea, but won't it leave you exhausted in the end?

Me:
I'm pretty sure I can use my Flying Thunder God without
exhausting myself in the end
since I basically use it 5-6 times
a day during lunch. Plus I can use more training to enhance my
chakra levels.

Midor…:
I guess you're right.

Me:
Then it's official, I'll be attending Narau Junior High! Thanks for the
assurance bud. See ya later. :)

Midor…:
Ok, bye.

End

Published- 7/8/19