7.Amnesia

Quick AN: So I removed the previous author's note that stated that this picture gave me motivation. Editing kinda sucks. I dont think I want to do this ever again.

Conrad

"You lost, Conrad." Jen said to me with a bored voice.

"Shut up Jen," I answered obviously flustered.

This game was not going the way I intended. I had expected Chester to be the one who ends up flustered and a mess. But no! Instead, I was a few centimeters away from looking like a starfish collapsed on top of Chester.

Who suggests a game of twister at a party full of drunk probably horny twenty-year-olds anyway. I didn't remember how I exactly ended up there but I knew for sure this was not what I thought was going to happen. Chester had his arms supporting him from behind him on the right colors unfortunately for me. And his legs were splayed out in front of him spread apart in a rather interesting or compromising position. My arms were on either side of his torso inches away from his and my whole body was in a rather compromising position above him. My legs spread apart to touch the right color circles and as my luck would have it my ever growing crotch was right on top of Chesters. I couldn't tell if there were still other players on the mat because all my focus was drawn and I was high strung.

I dropped my head in the crook of Chester's neck in a last attempt to hold myself in a steady position. I released a frustrated groan into Chester's skin and he drew in a long steady breath in response. Clearly, I was not the only one feeling some type of way from this game.

"Conrad you can't just lay on top of Chester until the game is over it's not fair." Jen said obviously not having whatever I was serving.

I did not respond because despite the uncomfortable things happening in me this was the closest I had been to Chester since that 'last time' and I knew once I got up that was it. There was no more physical contact he would ignore me again or just let me follow him like a lost puppy.

"Conrad?" Chester whispered into my ear obviously unaware of the things he did to me with just his voice.

How did I end up here? Because I know for a fact that when I decided I would help him. I had no intention on being physically attracted to him. Not that he wasn't an attractive guy he was a very attractive human if I asked the tent in my jeans. I was just trying to help him.

" Yes." I managed to let out into his ear with a strangled voice.

"If you keep fidgeting and pushing up against me we are both going to live this place with a happy ending." Chester whispered in my ear.

I wasn't expecting Chester to admit that so easily since he had been having a hard time with the whole last time thing since I arrived at this party. He was actually attracted to me? Huh. So instead of replying I choked on air and muffled in a rough, cough.

"I am getting up now," I stated surprising Chester and myself.

"Wait. . . " He said in a voice so low I wasn't sure he had said it.

"What?" I whispered.

"Just a second. Amery is about to lose."

I actually wasn't sure if this was really about winning or about keeping up appearances but I just remained there a while longer trying to remember how I ended up in this twister mess anyway.

I remembered arriving early at the party and confronting Precè first because I just needed him to know nothing happened. Then I remember the long ass debate of hushed whispered none confessions going back and forth trying to come to a certain agreement. Eventually, after some threats and bribing, he agreed to never mention 'that incident' again.

And next step was to talk to Chester and actually discuss what had happened in the hopes that he had sobered up a bit but then again nothing is ever easy. Chester acted like nothing had even happened and I would have believed him too if he hadn't tugged at his pocket seem every time I mentioned the incident.

"Conrad. .Conrad!"

I lifted my head to look straight into Chester's eyes. I mean I am obviously not one those oh my gosh your pretty eyes your bright smile kinda guy. But his sad eyes always drew me in. The color was an indescribable bright silver greyish (at times) it looked like a washed out cloth that used to be so blindingly bright and vibrant but now the color had been drained washed away with all the joy it held.

Chester was speaking and yes words were floating somewhere out there but my mind was not capturing them I was lost in thought. Worrying about how his color had drained, what had tortured him enough to drain the color of his eyes. To make his smile so fake it fooled his friends. To make him randomly cry at awkward moments and to get stuck in his head it almost looked painful.

I felt his hand slightly push me of off him and I stood up. Soon after Chester was staggering up too. But even as he sluggishly stood up he looked so drained and over with his life I felt it tug at my heart.

"Come along Pond," I yelled at him as I moved towards the door.

"Ummm? " Jen kinda let out an obviously frustrated sigh.

I turned around to give Jen a 'can we not do this now' look but she wasn't having that.

"Who's Pond?" Chester answered annoyed.

"Well I clearly don't remember your last name so I am giving you one now, come on."

Chester followed straight behind Jen like a scolded puppy.

As soon as we stepped outside Jen pulled me to the side and whisper screamed some stuff about how I always ditched her and Chester just stood in the corner watching us curiously. No doubt forming conclusions of what was going on. After a few promises and sweet talking, I grabbed Chester's hand and left Jen outside the venue. Of course, I did not leave her alone Asa was there.

I would never do that to her.

Written [15.05.19]

Edited [24.02.20]