Chapter 1: The Coach

Snape sighs as he stares at the open field of children, dressed in Slytherin colours rushing around on fake broomsticks in unorganised patterns. They kick the quaffle between them, the beaters having foam bats and actually whacking slightly harder balls around on the grass - if you get hit in the foot, you're out. "So that's why I had to buy Harry leather boots," he surmises, going over to the coach, Bellatrix Lestrange.

Snape was sceptical about letting Harry play here because of her. Lestrange, an infamous Death Eater and sentenced to 5 years in Azkaban. He heard she got out last year, but not that she was teaching Slytherins pre-quidditch. Apparently though, she has been rehabilitated. He's ready to find that out for himself. "Daddy, can I go play now?" Harry asks, drinking a Capri Sun and staring in awe at the similarly-dressed Slytherin players.

"In a moment," Snape tightens his hold on Harry's hand. "We need to speak to the coach first,"

He approaches Bellatrix, glaring and crossing his arms over his chest. He stands above her, trying to look intimidating. It doesn't work. She looks just as intimidating if not more so because Snape knows all the effed-up stuff she used to do as a Death Eater. "Miss Lestrange," Snape's tongue clicks on his teeth. "I trust you know why I'd be hesitant about allowing my son to play on your league,"

"Oh Professor," she pours mockingly. "Whatever do you mean. I'd never harm sweet little Harry Potter. I'm rehabilitated now, or didn't Dumbledore tell you?"

Snape narrows his eyes and holds up a threatening finger. "One incident. That's all I need, and I'll make your life a living Hell."

Bellatrix grins at him creepily, sending shivers up his spine. "Don't you worry, I'll take good care of your son,"

Snape nods, looking at his watch. "Alright. I'll pay you every Friday as agreed, if all goes well and Harry wants to continue. I'll leave him in your hands," he decided, and uses his portkey to return to Hogwarts.

After his Daddy leaves, Harry smiles up at Bellatrix. "Don' worry about Daddy, he's grumpy,"

Bellatrix smiles, sweetly this time, and kneels in front of Harry. "Your Daddy certainly is grumpy," she hands him a small fake broom, of which many are piled up beside the rest of the equipment. "Now. I heard your father was a seeker. Let's start you in that position!"

Snape has a class scheduled on the hour but he can't concentrate and lets the students have a study period. He's worried, not only because of Bellatrix Lestrange as Harry's Quidditch coach, but also because he's a diligent parent and doesn't want Harry to grow up. Not yet. He feels extreme separation anxiety from his son. Draco Malfoy saunters up to his desk and slams both palms on it. Snape jumps, startled as his coffee spills over the desk and onto his lap, spattering on his robe. Draco looks unimpressed.

"Get ahold of yourself," he sneers quietly, letting Snape keep his anonymity. "I actually look up to you, Professor. Teach us something, dammit!"

He walks back to his seat, and Snape watches him go with interest. That was a very bold move, considering the true authority teachers at Hogwarts have. But Draco seems to have matured quite a bit now that he's in 5th year. And he's right anyway, for this year is the year they have their extremely important OWLS. He can't afford to change his teaching style.

Suddenly, he crushes his fist into his desk, not enough to hurt him but enough to make a loud bang and gain the attention to students. They all stare up at Snape, who stands and behind pacing imperially around the classroom, towering over the students. Draco grins, his eyes lighting up in surprise.

"You will all listen, and listen well," he speaks in a an eerie voice, husky and dangerous that commands their attention. This professor is really scary. "I have prepared a rigorous lesson plan this year that will be followed to the exact letter. If anyone receives less than an Exceeding Expectations even once, even on arbitrary tests, the consequences will be dire,"

Draco grins. This is the teacher he looks up to.

*

"Uncle Remus!"

Harry jumps into Lupin's arms, clinging to him. Lupin smiles, lifting him up and carrying him - even though Snape has explicitly told him not to do that. "Excuse me, who are you?" Lestrange walks over, pressing her hands on her hips. Honestly, Lupin remembers her from when the Dark Lord was alive, and he thinks Snape is totally bonkers to leave her in charge of Harry.

"Remus Lupin," he states, staring down Lestrange with disapproval.

"Ah, yes," she suddenly smiles. "Harry's guardian told me you'd be picking him up,"

"Thank you. We'll be going now," Lupin walks Harry to his broom, mounting it with Harry sitting in front of him. "Did you have fun today, little one?"

Harry nods. "Yeah Uncle! I'm the seeker now and-"

"We should wait to tell your Daddy all about it," Lupin smiles softly down at him. "But Harry, I am very proud that you're a seeker. Your father - James - would have been very proud,"

Harry blushes a little. That comment makes him smile, but in a watery way - feeling a strange mix of pride and sadness. And he can't wait to tell Daddy all about Quidditch practices. Apparently he's a natural! And of course, to tell Daddy all about his new friend Tommy.