Chapter Eighteen: Home is Where the Most Damaged Live

"Father will be so please to see you in person..." Gavriila's words haunts me, the dark cloud inside my chest were no longer focused on Owen or the blade, but the other half of my blood- the fallen angel half. Her hands clasped mine in a firm grip, a single tug wouldn't be enough to escape her hold.

Still, I forced my hand out from hers and stand to my feet to create distance. "No, I rather be a prisoner than face that monster or even fall in your tricks."

"Monster? Tricks?" Gavriila scoffed while standing to her feet as well, but respectfully kept her distance. "No tricks, and the monster you speak of is everywhere. Look around, the same people you were destined to save locked you away as if you were a monster. Tell me sister, are you the monster they say you are?"

Memories flashed through my mind like pictures, one by one showing the deaths made by my hand in both worlds. Perhaps I'm a monster, just like Ilorian. "They're right."

"Foolish, still foolish little Jupiter. When will you learn that the definition of monster was created by weak mindless little ducks that always need someone to blame and another to follow. One slightest defense or out of control habit, we are a monster. We will not lock you away-"

"No, you'll kill me like you've killed your other siblings, all to open up hell and release the same man that raped my mother, had her killed, and put the rest of my family in harms way. If I had the blade, I would of killed you all over again, perhaps this time I'll do it with a smile."

Gavriila snapped her fingers, knocking me out of my murderous trance. "Anger is what drives you, that's what makes them think you are a monster. Father made mistakes, so did I, but I never put my family in danger. Where do you think they are, our siblings? Yes, they're dead, they knew what they were getting into and decided to sacrifice themselves for our cause. In which, they are rewarded with eternal paradise, even our nephew; he's safe and happy with his mother and at any time they can come to earth and live the rest of their days in peace."

"You use them as pawns."

"No, we treat them as king and queens. Come with me, I will help you go home, we will treat you what is owed... what they will not give." Out stretching her hand once more, Gavriila wore a tender smile- one that could of fooled the unknowing. "They are the ones who's using you. These people, that alpha, do not know you; yet, he trust you in doing the one task that no one has the balls to do. He's willing to sacrifice your life for a cause you do not need to be apart of, he drives for control and one sign of you going your own path, he locks you away. Imagine what he'll do knowing the mark will be the only thing that keeps everyone and everything in their own shadows with fear, he will take that away."

"I can not trust you that you won't have the same idea."

She shook her head and lowered the lone hand waiting for acceptance. "I was there when the blade was first crafted, when armies fought over the weapon and murdered their own friends because of the madness that came along with it. The last thing I want is that thing in my home and ruining my family, yet along you. However, without the blade by the owners side, the person will grow mad and deranged in a matter of days. You can already feel it, the mark being apart of you to the point you don't need the blade to become Cain himself. I can help you retrieve the weapon, it is your decision to come with me or not."

Looking down at my arm, Gavriila's words were turning true. The mark was morphing into the regular shade of this body's skin, it's natural fresh scar color of pink with a hint of white was thinning and the swell veins dying down; I can still feel it throbbing, the anger inside me becoming a prime source of emotion and my mind losing the image of the blade as if it never existed. Yet, I can still feel it close by in the house, tucked away somewhere that magic or any other supernatural aspects could not reach.