Polyphemus' Request

He couldn't see the bottom, he would have to take a leap of faith.

3

2

1

He hugged his sister close to his chest as they fell. He closed his eyes tightly, tears were streaming from his eyes.

"Basil!" Polyphemus had been walking by and quickly scooped the two children into her arms. "Geeze, I thought you knew you couldn't fly!"

He was set gently onto the ground and immediately hugged Polyphemus. "I'm so glad you're here."

"Well duh, you'd both be dead." She hovered slightly above the ground. "Well, what brings you here?"

"I was trying to find my sister, she was under the floor and I couldn't get back up so I jumped."

"... that's hilarious."

"Well- what are you doing under my house?"

"Passing buy. This is the path to my magic dealer, I almost ran dry." She shrugged, then a gleam caught her eye. "You know, You're already down hear and I just can't seem to find the energy for traveling such a long way." She started batting her eyelashes and gently glided over to him. "You know, I would love to erase all your payments off the board if you went to get me more magic..."

"All fifteen...???"

"Yes." She leaned in close to him. "All fifteen."

"I'll do it! Where are they, I'll be back before you know it!"

"They're just down this tunnel, then follow the path of Whispers."

"The path of Whispers?"

"You'll figure it out, here, take my magic gun, get it refilled." She tossed her gun at him, Lorelei caught it. She started to fly away before stopping. "Oh yeah, they normally want parts from the old world, they're easy to get, you'll find tons in the old castle."

"The old castle." He was absolutely terrified of that place. When he was younger he and his friend would join the other kids in exploring it. Now, not so much.

"Welp, Thanks kid!" She called back at him before soaring up towards a dim light.

He took the gun from his sister and started on his way. The cavern was unnaturally smooth, smooth enough for his wheels to glide easily. Around his was a bunch of junk, couches, sinks, broken mirrors. They were all around him.

He hugged Lorelei close to his chest, if she escaped she would have got cut on the broken glass or worse. At the end of the piles of junk was a pile of scissors, none of them looked like the ones they had back home.

He went over to the pile and picked one up, in the crystal's light he could make out lettering etched into their blades.

Marco Diaz.

He nearly dropped them. These were dimentional scissors! He had been told about these all the time by his parents, these were the reason they met. He grabbed the scissors again and started walking again, Lorelei had climbed up onto his head. She quickly scampered down and ran ahead.

"Lorie wait!" He chased after her. His wheels sent him to a screeching halt as he fell to the ground. "What?" The object that had stopped him dead in his tracks was yet another pair of scissors. Holding up to the light revealed their original holder.

Hekapoo

How could anyone get these? They should have been stuck in another dimension with whatever remained of the magical high commission member. He checked them again, yep, there was no mistaking the writing.

This was starting to get weird.