04

-

[Karma's POV]

It's been almost 4 days after he wake up, and he have not eaten anything yet. Well, at least he still drinks, but only a little bit a day. For the first 2 days, he still fight back whenever I try to get close to him. But recently, he doesn't do anything about it anymore. He would just sleep under the blanket every day.

Kind of worried about him, I decided to actually talk to him.

I walked upstairs to the room where I locked him in, and hoping that he is still alive. I unlocked the doors and entered the room. The room is filled with complete darkness. The curtains are pulled up, and as always he's sleeping. I could hear his heavy breathe under the blanket, though it's still kind of cute.

"Nagisa~~" I poked his cheeks. He opened his eyes halfway, and turned around from me.

"Nagisa, I'm not here to tease you this time."

"Then what are you going to do? Rape me?" He said with his really weak voice.

"Well, I kind of want to, because the fact how cute you are when you're weak. But no, I'm here to talk to you, in case if you're lonely."

"I'm not. Just let me die peacefully."

"Well, if you're already planning to die, why not do me a flavor before you die?"

"...... What flavor?"

"I'll take that as a yes. Just a few questions, it'll be quick."

"Ask."

"Are all the assassins like this?"

"Like what?"

"Like you, not caring about yourself, your body, or your health at all. All you care about is killing your targets, right?"

"Not all assassins are like this, just a few and me, I think." He sat up slowly. "Why does it matter though?"

When I hear his answer, I was kind of shocked. He is just a 15 years old boy, who deserves to live a normal life at this time. But his thoughts are way too messed up.

"Nagisa."

"What?"

"Do you have a favorite food?"

"Not really in mind...... but I kind of like sushi."

"Wait for me."

-

[Nagisa's POV]

He left the room for about an hour, and came back with a bento box. He opened the box with some fresh cooked sushi.

"Is this why you asked? Why are you even trying......"

"Eat these, and I'll free you."

His words shocked me. But still, I don't know if I should trust him. He could have put drugs in the food, or lie to me. But still, the sushi's looks really good. The smell is already making me more hungry, reminding myself that I haven't ate a thing in the past few days.

"Just, open your mouth." He said, handing me over a sushi. The pain of starvation made my reactions slower, and my brain more messy.

"Why...... why do you still care so much about me!?" I screamed out loud, using my last bit of strength. "You're the one who put me in here at the first place......"

"Because of that," his hand moving closer towards me. "I should let you leave, at least alive. I care about you, because I like you, so I need you to be alive."

Not realizing it myself, I kind of blushed. Someone actually cares about me. My mother, my parents didn't even cared about me. Even Kayano. Well, maybe she did, but we barely talk about anything else and she just randomly asked me to go out with her.

"This sounds really weird. I know we just met for a fee days, but I feel like I've know you for a really long time." He slowly grabbed my chin.

I don't know. I feel like I could trust him. His face was really serious, unlike the other times when he used to joke with me and teased me. By reading his wavelength, he's not lying too.

For the first time, I felt tired of killing.

The pain of starvation took over me, and the thought of being tired of killing. Without me knowing, my mouth was slightly open, and he fed me the sushi. I was too tired of fighting back or think about anything else, and I found out the food is tasty as well, so I decided to throw everything back, just for now.

-

I don't know how I fall asleep, and how long have I slept, but at least I feel a little bit better now. Then I noticed my hands were free, and some redhead looking at me.

"Heyya. Looks like you somehow decided to obey me." He said, patting my head and rubbing my hair.

"Karma......? What happened?" I was still confused.

"Yesterday when you're eating the food, you started crying in my chest for no reason, and then fell asleep. And it's the next day now. I just woke up to have a check on you."

I looked at the chain and collar on the desk, realizing I am completely free now.

"I told you I will free you after you eat it. The front door is ——"

"I don't want to leave anymore."

"What?" He continued to stare at me. He looks surprise, and happy at the same time.

"I haven't contact them for over 3 days...... so they will probably think I died on my mission. I had nobody important to me there anyways. If I leave now, the government will find me and catch me too. Who knows what kind of punishments will I get after killing a thousand lives. So, I have nowhere to go."

"So it means you're staying?"

"Yea." And I whispered the last part. "Besides...... I have someone who I care about now."

"Great!" He hugged me. His hug was really warm. I buried my head deeper in his chest, feeling his heartbeats.

"Now put this on." He handed me the collar, without chains connecting to it. "Since I'm still your master."

"Do I have to?" He nodded, putting it back on my neck. I guess I have no choice, since it's his place.

"Welcome, Nagisa."

-

A/N: ok I know this is really messy but I really can't think rn it's 3am why am I even awake anyways ok bye