07

-

[Nagisa's POV]

Drops of rain fell down from the sky, then continued to become a thunder storm. I laid down on my bed, and stared at the roof. The sound of rain dropping on the trees and the roof started to make me think about what I'm doing, and what I'm supposed to do.

I told him I will stay here because I had nowhere to go...... well, it's true, but the main reason is to kill him. The longer I stay with him, the more chance I get to kill him. But what am I doing? Playing little kids' games with him, while he slowly takes over me? I've been missing so many chances...... just yesterday, I was about to kill him, but something stopped me from doing it. I haven't done anything in so many days, it's making me forget the feel of killing.

Akbane Akbane...... I know I've heard that name from somewhere...... but where?

I walked to the second floor, and found Karma's room. It's still messy as always, looks like he don't clean it at all. I wandered around the room. I'm trying to remember, where I heard about that name. I was too focused on dealing with my brain. Without me noticing, one of my food kicked the legs of a table, and something fell off of it.

"This is...... a book?" I picked up the book and flipped it to a random page. I see a familiar face, smiling on a beach. I flipped to another page, then realized this is a photo album. These  are all Karma's pictures. From the date, I could tell that the ones I was looking at is taken just a few years ago.

I took my time looking at his photos. He was such a cute and innocent little boy, not like the one that cages me in this house. But where are his parents though? I looked through almost the entire book, all these photos are just, Karma himself.

Then, I flipped to the last page, and found a paper stuck in it. It's a picture, and the only picture where Karma is not alone. He was surrounded by a woman, a man, a baby and Karma himself. This is probably his family photo. The woman is hugging Karma, and the man is holding the baby. Such a happy family, I wish I had a family like that.

Suddenly, I recognized the woman's face —— she was a target I killed 3 years ago, along with a guy. No it can't be her. They just look really similar...... right?

I hear the doors open downstairs. I rushed down, to see who it is. It's Karma of course. He's home early today.

"Nagisa, what are you doing?" He asked, while he puts away his bag. "You looks terrified. Let me guess, you saw a spider in the bathroom?" His jokes weren't funny to me anymore. Well, it wasn't funny before either.

This probably isn't the best time to ask him about it. I guess, I'll just save it for later.

"You came home early today, Karma."

"Of course. School is way too boring. I'd rather come home and play with you." He patted my head, then dragged me on the sofa right next to him. He wrapped one of his arms around me, snd started poking me. "Nagisa, I'm so tired~ try to make me feel better."

"Um...... I have no idea how to tell a joke. By the way your arm is on my hair."

"Wow, you're so cold, just like I expected." He giggled a little bit.

"How is that funny!?" I don't enjoy people randomly laughing at me......

"I don't know, but I feel better now. You did a nice job." He stood up to get some snacks. Meanwhile, I sneaked up to his room and picked up the book. I put it where I think it originally belonged, so he don't know I was in his room...... hopefully.

Before that, I took out his family photo. The woman really do look like ——

"Akabane Koutori." He said behind me. I was creeped out, but shock at the same time.

"That's my mother, Akabane Koutori." He continued. "And my father, Akabane Kamiari. They were murdered by someone a few years ago."

I knew I heard that name from somewhere. Akabane Koutori, she was a target I killed in the Hawaiis 3 years ago, along with another man. I don't think he knows I was the murder...... I was the one who killed his parents. If he did, he won't forgive me.

"Umm...... I, I'm kind of tired. I'll head back to sleep now." I found myself an excuse to get away from him. He nodded, and I locked myself in my room.

-

A/N:
Yea this update is really late...... and I agree the story is going too fast and the parts are rushed ;; I'll keep up with the two updates per week I promised though. I kind of want to rewrite the chapters too.