The Beginning

(Alice Cullen of course represents our heroine. duhhh twilight27foreverrrr) (okay im done enjoy) 

My whole life has been...nothing.

I have no purpose but to cook and clean for my pack who constantly treat me horribly. My mother and father died to rogues and my older brothers don't care about me enough to protect me from the bullies. Hell, they are the bullies.

They think I'm the reason my parents are dead.

Classic, right?

It's basically the same old story. I was outside, at 14 not doing anything in particular. I heard a loud growl and looked up to see a rogue. My parents came rushing out. The wolf leaped and was about to reach me before my father came and knocked him away. 

A bunch of other wolves came and attacked my parents. My mother screamed for me to get inside, but when I turned around to run there was a huge wolf. It was gray and it was looking at me, growling so much it shook the ground beneath me. As he lunged for me, my mother shifted and took the hit.

She died instantly. You could hear my father whimpering before growling almost as loud as the grey wolf as he continued to fight. I crawled over to her while crying and screaming for help.

Finally, the wolves took my fathers life before the others in my pack could come.

The wolves ran and when my pack finally arrived, all they saw was my mother and father, lying dead on the ground, and me on my knees, blood covering my hands and legs.

They didn't ask anything. They didn't help me. They accused me. From ages 14 to 15 is when you shift. They thought I shifted, went couldn't control myself, and killed my parents.

My brothers hate me. They hated me from the moment they saw me crying on our parents, begging for them to come back. My Alpha always looked at me in disgust. My other pack members followed him, insulting me or doing something mean, like spitting on me or pushing me around. 

My parents were beloved people in the pack. They were both warriors, the first people who always offered to help. They both had such big hearts. They kept our family together. Apparently, our pack felt the same. I was known as the girl who took away the kindest people from our pack. 

After their death, my siblings and I were forced to move into the pack house. My brothers got beautiful big rooms in the main floor. I got the attic. I was honestly shocked I was even allowed that. 

I cook and clean and basically do anything else they tell me. No one gives me any sort of positive attention. I thought my brothers would be there for me, but they are the worst.

My oldest brother, Micah, is the meanest. He's 26. He has brown hair with hazel eyes. He goes out of his way to harm me or make things more difficult. He will hurt me or say a rude comment about the work I am doing or how I look. He occasionally breaks things so I have to clean it. 

I can cry and cry but nothing works. In fact, it only encourages his behavior.

My other brother is Steven. He's 25. He looks like Micah, but with lighter hair and he's a few inches taller. He doesn't hit me like Micah, but he makes sure to glare at me or send someone over to yell at me every chance he gets. 

My mother was Alice. She had dark brown hair that fell to shoulders with light brown eyes and stood at a good 5'6. She always made you feel better when you were down. She helped everyone in the pack in someway, but she mostly cooked for some pack families when she wasn't with the other warriors. My father was James. He had blonde hair with dark brown eyes. He was very tall, almost 6'5. He was one of the best fighters this pack has ever had. He was as tough as nails with a heart of gold. He would make you feel safe and protected and always gave you a good laugh.

Then there's me. Lucy. I'm 23. I have long dark brown hair almost to my waist. I got my fathers dark eyes. I am 5'4. I never used to think too harshly about who I was. The way I looked or how I dressed. How I acted. That was never a problem. But after everything with my parents, that's all I heard. "You're fat. You're ugly. You're so annoying." I now can never look in the very small cracked mirror I have without wanting to cry. I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but when the girl I used to call my best friend continuously left me notes in my food, in my room for me to find, well 15 year old me found that to be very difficult. 

I tried to fight back. I don't always let them walk all over me. I usually always give them a mean comment back. I spit right back at them. I punched my "best friend" in the face when she called me fat. I even pushed her into a lake when she called me a slut for running into her latest boy toy. Of course I received a negative reaction from the other members, more specifically, my brothers. 

The alpha, Marcus, used to be very nice to me. He was like another father. He was very tall at 6'5 with black hair and piercing grey eyes. Now, he is evil and always finds ways to make me end up in mud. Literally. He never lets me shift and I haven't heard from my wolf in almost a year. She was usually there, telling me to be strong, but eventually her voice was just a whisper until it just become silence.

The Luna, Claire, used to be kind too. She'd always take me places ad talked to me and helped me if I had any troubles. She's very pretty with brown hair and blue eyes. Now, she ignores me. She doesn't look at me or talk to me unless she wants something to eat or needs me to do something.

It felt like every parental figure in my life left the day my parents died. I was all alone in this pack, forced to stay. My only choice was run away, which I can't find the courage to do, especially since I am being watched a majority of the time, or die. And well, I don't have the courage for that either. At least not now. 

Claire and Marcus have a son named Xavier. I hadn't seen him since we were much younger. I don't even really remember meeting him.  He is 26. He is going to become alpha tomorrow. He hasn't met his mate yet, which is usually when a new Alpha takes over, but since he has been working towards this since he was 16, his parents are allowing it early.  I do not know what he looks like, but I know he is very good-looking from what I hear. I hear he is a typical male with no mate, sleeping with other women constantly without a care. 

I had a feeling he was going to cause me more trouble, he would probably follow the crowd. 

This is what I have dealt with for years. The abuse, the cruel words, the loneliness, the non-stop work that half the time gets destroyed to spite me. I have lost my parents, my family, my pack. 

The strangest thing is, all these things that have happened to me, those didn't make me silent. It's what happened next that made me mute.