Trust

I've been running for about 2 hours. I got off of Xavier's territory about an hour ago, and when I did, I felt this ache in my heart and a weird uncomfortable feeling. That only made me run faster because I knew he felt it too.

My thoughts were confirmed when a couple minutes later, a faint long howl echoed through the woods. I ran faster and I felt like I was going to pass out.

I'm not a runner. And since I know I haven't shifted in a while, it will hurt like hell. I'll just wait until I absolutely need to shift. And I'm so fucking tired. I'm surprised my legs have carried me this far. I feel my eyes closing every other minute.

As the sky gets darker, the wind gets colder. At first I was thankful. I cooled me down after burning up in the sun, but now I'm freezing. My fingers are becoming numb, I can't feel my toes, and my nose is red. I stop and catch my breath before grabbing a jacket from my bag.

As I unzip my bag I hear a twig snap a couple yards away. I turn towards the noise before quickly zipping my bag back up and picking my jacket up. I run in the direction I was going and I hear a growl and something following me. I run even faster, which I didn't know was possible.

Suddenly a large black wolf is in front of me, towering over me. I take a few steps back before I trip and fall on my back. I try to get up but the wolf keeps taking steps towards me. I scoot back whenever he moves forward.

I look into the wolfs eyes. They are blue-grey eyes that hold so much anger, sadness, and betrayal . It breaks my heart and I hear my wolf whimper loudly.

Xavier.

His wolf is so beautiful. Midnight black and long, gorgeous fur. I want to reach out and touch it. I don't though, because I'm afraid of his reaction.

He shifts when he notices I know it's him. He is naked so I blush and look at the ground as I hear him change into some clothes I didn't know he had with him.

"Get up." he says, his voice emotionless. I quickly stand and look at my feet. "You-You lied. You lied to me." he growls.

I want to say I'm sorry, but I'm scared of what will happen....and to be honest...I don't even know if I can speak anymore. The thought is frightening yet calming.

"You said you would stay close. Thank god you didn't run into anyone else's territory," he rants, pacing around.

I look up at him and see there are tears in his eyes. I feel my heart break. He was telling me the truth. That look isn't something you can fake. He did want me. He did feel sorry. He meant it when he said he would protect me.I want to say I'm sorry, but all that comes out is a small squeak.

I walk towards him and try to figure out how to tell him how sorry I am. He just stands there and looks at me. His eyes are still a bit watery. I stand there trying to figure out a way to say sorry. I must have stood there for a couple of minutes before realizing what I have to do.

I stand on my tippy toes and kiss him softly on the cheek. I feel sparks fly through me and I wrap my arms around his neck, carefully so I don't hurt my arm. I couldn't help it. The feeling was so magical and great I couldn't pull away. His soft lips felt amazing.

At first he didn't move. He was shocked to say the least. But after I wrapped my arms around his neck his hands went around my waist and he moved his lips against of mine. was freezing before but now I feel warm and satisfied.

We kiss awhile  longer before I ran out of breath and pull away. My first kiss.  We are both slightly panting and he rests his forehead against mine. "I'm assuming that's your way of saying sorry?" he says smiling slightly.

I nod at him before hugging him and burying my face into his neck. It makes me want to cry to think I could have lost him. I'm freezing again and he is so warm. I feel him kiss my head before pulling away and picking up my bag. "Do you trust me?"

I don't hesitate to nod. He stares at me before holding out his hand.

I feel guilt spread through me and I look at the floor, fidgeting with my fingers. "C'mon. We have to go it's late."

His words remind me of how tired and cold I actually am. I nod at him and we begin to walk. I put on my jacket, but I'm still cold and so tired. I'm walking extremely slow trying to stay awake. I wrap my arms around my self to keep warm.

I suddenly feel myself getting picked up. I gasp and look at Xavier as he carries me as if I weigh nothing. "Go to sleep. I'll keep you warm. Besides we will get there faster." he gives me a small kiss before I fall asleep, snuggled up against his chest.