Dreams

I'm running downstairs trying to get away from Michelle and Zach. I see Xavier and run into his arms. He looks down at me and sees Michelle and Zach. He grabs my shoulders and throws me to the ground, making me hit my head against the ground.

I see him walk away. I scream his name but he just keeps walking before closing the door. Suddenly, I feel someone grab my hair and yank me up.

"AH!" I scream in pain. Zach is holding me up while Michelle slaps me. I kick at her,but she keeps dodging my hits. They pull me towards to the window and open it. Its a long fall down. A fall that would surely kill me.

But I guess that's what they want.

Zach and Michelle try to push me out. I scream and scream for Xavier, but he doesn't come. Michelle grabs my hand which was keeping me from falling and I fall out of the window, screaming.

I wake up to Xavier shaking my shoulders and yelling my name. I feel tears flowing down my face. I sit up quickly and push him away. I feel like I can't breath and my side is killing me.

"Lucy, are you alright? You were shaking and whimpering and crying. It was a dream. It was just a dream." Xavier says, trying to calm me down.

I shake my head. That wasn't a dream. It didn't feel like a dream. "I'll protect you. Don't worry. I'm so sorry. You don't know how sorry I am that I let that happen to you. I won't let anyone hurt you like that. I won't hurt you. Please, please calm down." He says, taking a couple steps closer to me.

He pulls me into his arms and I silently cry as I wrap my arms around his neck. I bury my face into his neck and a small sob escapes my mouth. Its the loudest sound I have made since I woke up.

He rubs my back and rocks me back and forth. "It's okay. It's okay." He hands me the notebook. "What happened?"

I only got one thing down before I broke down again.

Michelle and Zach.

He reads it and tenses. He pulls me closer and kisses my forehead, my cheeks, my nose, my lips. I calm down slightly, but my side is fucking burning like hell. I whimper in pain.

"What's the matter?" He asks, worried. I point to my side. He lifts my shirt slightly and places his fingers against my side. The tingly feeling soothes the pain.  I whimper at the lose of contact. "The doctor gave me some medication that is supposed to help." He gets up and grabs some pills from a drawer. He has a cup of water sitting there too.

"I thought since you were running,you might be thirsty." he hands me a pill and the water. I swallow the pill and gulp down the water.

After I finish the cup, I'm still thirsty and then, I feel like I'm starving. My stomach growls loudly. I blush and look down. He chuckles and helps me up. "You must be starving. You haven't eaten real food for weeks." More like years. He leads me down to the kitchen and sets me up on to the counter.

"You know, it's almost 4:30 in the morning. I'm wondering if you consider this a midnight snack." he grabs some sandwiches. "My mom made them. She's been cooking for us since you've been in the hospital."

I take one and unwrap it before taking a big bite. Xavier chuckles at me before taking a bite of his own sandwich. I finish my sandwich before him and am drinking a bottle of water when Zach walks in.

I freeze and look at Xavier, frightened. He sees Xavier and then turns to look at me on the counter. "Alpha, I didn't know you two were down here. I heard some noises."

Xavier walks up to me and helps me off the counter. He wraps his arm around my waist and holds me to his side. "Yes, well Lucy was a bit hungry. So we decided to get a little snack. We are heading back to sleep. Goodnight Zach." He walks us out and we go upstairs to his room.