The Poor Man's Pal

Hated. That's all He'd ever be. Not like he cared though. Poor people deserved the conditions they were in, Dio thought to himself.

He was in the middle of people-watching, one of the main activities that made his mundane life interesting. You'd think it would be a bountiful adventure living in a mansion with your drunkard bastard father, however it only brought him pain.

He watched the people pass, purposely avoiding the Brando mansion as to avoid his wrath. He had a knack for bullying the townspeople after all, even killing animals who dared cross his path.

Until a certain peculiar boy with blue hair crossed the road. He looked sad and went to a nearby tree. He sat there and wouldn't budge. What a strange lad.

So he decided to confront this boy.

When he scurried down the stairs the maids and butlers rushed to his side. He quickly ushered them away and focused on his investigation.

"You there. Who are you and what are you doing by my tree?" Dio made sure to place an emphasis on 'my'.

"O-oh sorry, I didn't know it was yours." He sniffled he hastily wiped fresh tears away from his baby blue eyes.

Dio felt frozen in his track. He was sickened by those salty tears, yet enraptured by the noises of his sadness.

"What's wrong. What are you sniffling about?" Dio inquired.

"Ah, uh, my dog, Danny, died. He was my closest friend." He sniffed. Then he continued on

"I haven't really had friends so I feel like my whole world is down right now, though I'm sure Danny would want me to be happy." He smiled reminiscing of his doggy companion.

Dio snarled his lip in disgust. Who would be this thoroughly distressed over a mangy mutt?

"Ah. There there, come, we'll see to it you get a new companion." Dio said, cool as ice.

"Really? Who!" The young man asked, obliviously.

"Me." Dio replied tactfully.