Saturday 4th

My Dear Diary

Today Ned and I were going to build the new lego set he got, but the thing is, he cancelled on me at the last minute; he said he'd forgotten about a dentist appointment that day. Now that would have been fine, I could go back home and do homework. Except I couldn't, because aunt May, thinking I'd be at Ned's all day, decided to go out herself, and I'd forgotten my key. I was stuck outside until she got home, which was at least four hours. I didn't want to text her and ask if she could come home sooner, because I would hate to bother her, so I began evaluating my other options.

I could have climbed up the side of the house and checked if my window was unlocked, but the it's broad day light, so someone probably would have noticed.

I could have just spent the day being spiderman, but I'd left my suit in my room. Real smart, I know.

My only other option I could think of was just going for a walk until I figured something else out, so that's what I did. Honestly it was pretty boring at first; I went to the corner store and bought a sandwich, then walked to the park, intending to sit there for a while. That is, until I saw someone there. Someone very familiar. Someone who is very smart and cool and out of my league.

Harley.

Yeah, Harley was at the park sitting on a bench, doing homework I assume, he had a notepad out and seemed to be concentrating on whatever he was writing. I kinda stared at him for a minute, not knowing if I should continue walking and pass him, possibly meaning he notices me, and then possibly talks to me, or if I should backtrack and walk somewhere away from potential conversation with such a handso- I mean cool guy.

I stood and thought about it for another minute or two, still staring in admiration at him, until he started collecting his things, about to leave. I panicked as he began walking in my direction, still not noticing me though, and as my first impulse was to back away, that is what I did... directly into the pond that just so happened to be behind me.

There was a huge splash and the next thing I know I'm soaking wet, sitting in a duck pond and looking up at the gentleman that is Harley Keener who had come over to help me up. I probably went pink with embarrassment, but he only chuckled and reached out a hand. I took it and he pulled me up, but I then almost fell back into the pond while trying to steady myself, so to stop me from doing that, he held my shoulders and I felt something kinda weird and kinda nice as I looked into his pretty blue eyes for that couple of seconds.

He probably noticed me blushing profusely, but he only pointed out that I was shivering. I hadn't realised. Harley decided to lend me the red coat he was wearing, and sat with me for the whole time it took for me to dry off, and we talked about stuff, like how he was working on some apparently really complecated project, not doing homework, and how he used to live in Tennessee, which I found a neat coincidence because Tony Stark once said he met a kid in Tennessee who was also called Harley. I didn't say that though, because he doesn't need to know that I knew Tony Stark. He may have gotten jealous or maybe wouldn't have believed me.

Anyway, over all I had a nice time, and Harley suggested we meet up again. I happily agreed and we exchanged numbers before it was time for me to get home. He also let me take his coat for home, seeing as I was still a bit could.

I really hope I didn't come across as awkward or anything like that to him, cuz he's really cool and I don't want him thinking I'm really uncool.

Anyway, we may meet up tomorrow if aunt may lets me, and I could probably go ask her now to be honest, so that's what I will do.

Sincerely Pete