Chapter One

Charlie walks the halls with Dana close by her side as they make sure to be in step with each other, heels clicking in sync. Everyone's head turns to watch them as they sway their hips and strut like models. Charlie holds a notepad close to her chest and her Prada bag close to her side as it hangs on her arm. Her coffee held by Dana as she struggles to carry both while focusing on her walk.

Girls stare in awe at the both of them as they continue on their way until they reach Jace. Charlies blonde hair shines under the light as her oceanic eyes glint. The heels she wore, Louboutin. Shorts that stopped just below her ass and a shirt that was half unbuttoned to show off her newly implanted D cups were by her very own designer, her cousin. Her hair, freshly blown out at 7am this morning. 'C' hung round her next with Swarovski crystals encrusted inside it and the diamond ring on her finger made my Tiffany, complemented by freshly manicured french acrylic nails. Every girl in the hall mentally writing down everything she wore and did throughout the school day until it went out of fashion, no doubt they would all have the bag she wore stocked in their wardrobes by the end of the week.

Dana, less popular and less of a fashion icon than Charlie was around these parts wore a simpler outfit. The shirt, Gucci as always even though Charlie had pointed out this morning that it had went out of season, which embarrassed her more when the bell rang and realised there was no changing it. Her skirt, Louis Vuitton complimented by tights held up by suspenders to give her a sexier look. The brown hair that laid on her head styled into an updo by the same salon that did Charlie's this morning. As much as Dana tried to be Charlie, she just knew she was never going to be and everyone found her attempt pathetic, Charlie being the first to point it out.

"Jace, I need your help. Come with me please hun." Charlie smiled sweetly and he shut his locker, following her parade in suit and everyone wondered just what was happening in their ever-so-interesting lives. "I gather you're going to tell me what you need once we get there?" He laughed, knowing her usual routine by now. She often called upon him for help and threw him in the deep end of one of her projects for power, then expected him to go on along with it and have no complaints. Fortunately for her he always did and unfortunately for Dana she would now be used as an errand girl for them two to use as they please.

Charlie diverts them into the famous Trinity prep function room as it is crowded by people placing decorations all around the room, putting them on walls and door frames. Tired eyes lit up as they walk in and everyone works faster to avoid the wrath of Charlie. "You can leave now." She flashes a smile at Dana and stands in front of Jace. "Now? But I thought I was helping." Dana says, confused at her attitude. "Yes, but now Jace is here and your duties have been filled." Charlie reminds her off her place as always and the person that always demotes her to second in Charlie's life.

Dana begins to walk away and gives up the argument that will go on forever if she doesn't. "Umm.. Dana." Charlie calls, a smile etched onto her face and beckons her back with a finger. Hope lights up Danas eyes as she runs back to the person everyone titles her master, like a lap dog would to its owner. "My coffee, almost forgot." Charlie picks it out of her hands and then shoos her away with the other and Dana's sadness fills her with every step she takes as she walks away on her own. Disappointment taking over her expression, then expertly hidden as she tells one of the helpers off for not making the banner perfectly straight before leaving the hall.

"So.. what'd you think?" Charlie asks Jace's opinion and looks around the hall, him following her gaze. "It's nice, good job. What's it for?" He asked, then released immediately he said the wrong thing. "It's nice!" Charlie repeats and he can see she's angry with the response he gave as he stutters trying to figure out the words to make it right, but by that point it was far too late. "Fine, it's nice. At least you're honest with me, that's why I always call upon you." She turns her anger into a smile and he sighs in relief. "It's for the charity fundraiser, this school is the districts host this year and I need to know how to make it perfect as i'm finally in charge again. Last years looked like an absolute clown show and I will not have this school embarrassed like that."