Chapter Two

Charlie's entourage surrounded her as they dressed her for the evening, her makeup done perfectly. A blushed pink shaded her lips and laid lightly on her cheeks as her dimples made them stand out more. A subtle girly smokey eye held on her lips as a mixture of pinks complimented her pale skin. The blue in her eyes becoming more prominent the more colour was added and her eyelashes long and shaded them perfectly. She smiled at her reflection as the help tied her corset, pushing every bit of air out of her body and her breasts towards her chin.

Jace waited patiently downstairs with her parents in the living area, her dad shooting glares at every moment he could as he slowly became aware of Jace's interest in her. Whilst Charlie's mother cooed at every chance she got, wearing a red Chanel dress with elegance and seeming to be a more mature version of Charlie depending on the lighting. "Are you excited?" She smiled, sipping her tea and leaning closer to Jace. "As excited as Charlie Mrs Marshall."

"Oh please, call me Vera. You have been welcome in our home since you were a child Jace, no need for formalities anymore. Isn't that right Harry?" She said poilety and waited for his response as she gave him a look. "Yes.. so did Charlie ask you to go with her or was this your idea?" Harry asked, knowing the answer already from how Jace waited in anticipation to see her. "Actually it was Luke's idea, he told Charlie it would look better to go with someone and she agreed with him." Jace answered, hoping it was the right response.

"Interesting, Luke being your best friend and you happening to not have a date already to accompany you." Harry pointed out and Vera gave him another look that warned him silently to watch his words as he spoke. "Yes, just a coincidence." Jace confirmed, a lie they both knew all too well.

Someone cleared their throat and then spoke at the bottom of the grand staircase. "If you would please stand to welcome Miss Charlie Marshall wearing Chanel." He introduced her as she cascaded down the stairs with elegance and sophistication. Jace's mouth was ajar as he stared onwards and Charlie could see his eye's held more than just lust for her, but a hint of admiration too. She walked the last few steps and stood at the bottom, then done a little curtsy as her Mother clapped her hands in excitement.

"You look absolutely beautiful Charlie." Her mother complimented. "Like our very own princess, right Harry." He nodded in agreement and Charlie's cheeks blushed. "Jace?" She spoke, waiting for his answer and he fumbled in his head to figure out the correct words to use. "You look amazing and I am very lucky to be your date." Was all he managed to muster and it was more than she expected him to say if she was honest with herself.

"Right! Picture time." She announced and they all huddled next to her. The first pose being the two men stood behind the women, Jace towering over Charlie and Harry over her mother. Next being just her parents posed next to her an arm either side of her waist as they all smiled for the photo. "Jace, come here." Charlie called and pulled him towards her, placing an arm around her waist and moving his jaw so he looked forward at the camera smiling. "Now face me." She ordered and moved his face towards her.

"Whoa, what is this?" Her father stepped in as they were getting ready for the pose. "Daddy we're not doing to kiss, just seem like we're going to kiss. The picture is going to look good for instagram, just trust me on this one." She moved Jace's face towards her again, their noses just inches apart as they could taste each other breath. Her hand cupping the side of his face and his cheeks reddening each second they stayed in the pose. The camera flashed and Jace continued staring into her eyes until her father once again stepped in. "Okay, that's enough now. You should get going the both of you."

"It's just a pose, I don't understand why you get so mad." Charlie huffed as the help placed her coat on her and her purse into her hands. "To you maybe." Her father mumbled underneath his breath and Jace tried to act as though he was unnoticed by the comment. "We'd best get going, the car stops here first. Remy and Luke will be waiting hours if we just stand around." Charlie decided and gave her parents a kiss on the cheek each before pulling Jace out the door with her.