Chapter Three

Some people last night didn't get the memo that poor was just not in fashion this year.. Or any year for that matter. Three students dressed in less worth than the cost of the table clothes last night came to the charity ball and I left feeling as though it should've been them we were donating money to this year. As much as everyone is welcome, a social gathering you should dress up for, not have your mother sew by hand so you can fit it. When her designs are up their with Gucci and Prada, please give me a call. But until then please do not make a mockery of me by having me stand next to your desperation again, chao x

Elizabeth's eyes scanned Charlie's latest tweet and she got ready for school. Her uniform now felt like a waste to wear and she felt too poor to wear even the silk fabric of her tie. Anger boiled through her at the comment thrown towards her mother, but she knew all too well that it was true. "Elizabeth! Are you ready to leave?" He mother called, knowing she would be dropping her to school today instead of one of Charlie's infamous town cars that drove her around. She was already a zero at the school, but since that tweet she was sure had hit below minus along with her two best friends.

She put her phone away, not wanting to read the tweet again for the seventh time and picked up her bag. As she walked down the stairs she thought about faking an illness, but knew her mother was too smart to fall for that. Elizabeth's hair was held up in a tight ponytail and mascara made her eyes look like she hadn't been crying all night, or at least she hoped her mother wouldn't notice. "Are you all set?" She nodded and her mother grabbed her keys, ready to drive her.

"Actually mother, i'll walk to school." Elizabeth said before they exited the house. "Are you sure? It's a half hour walk." Her mother responded, confused by her behaviour. "Yeah it's fine, I could use the exercise." Elizabeth joked and then left after saying a quick goodbye, knowing that then she would have no choice but to let her walk as she wouldn't chase her down the street. In her thoughts the tweet remained stuck there as she relayed every detail on her walk.

Charlie walked up the steps to Trinity with Dana and Remy following a step behind her. The phone in her pocket blowing up with retweets and girls fangirling, wondering who was the trio mentioned in that tweet. Until Charlie pulled her phone out and saw that a freshman named Chloe Hammond had mentioned the three girls in the post as she retweeted, earning a slight respect from Charlie as she smirked in response. Then tweeted back to confirm she had got it spot on.

"Never seen a Freshman put a senior in the limelight like that." Remy commented and laughed as she read through the comments on the tweet. "Yes, Charlie did it. Hence how she became who she is today." Dana chimed in, feeling slightly guilty about telling Charlie who the three girls were. "Well you have to make yourself noticed Dana, but this girl has stayed under the radar up until now. Like you, but you just stay in Charlie's shadow instead." Remy shot an unnecessary insult her way and Charlie found it slightly amusing.

Jace approached them as the double doors led them into the halls for their first assembly. "Can we talk?" He asked Charlie and she nodded as the girls took their seats. "What's wrong?" She asked, completely blind to his tone. "Was that tweet necessary. Look, I get Brooklyn annoyed you but getting back at him by embarrassing three girls is not okay Charlie." Jace told her off and it was clear to him she wasn't taking it well. "Well Jace if you have a problem with the way I do things pick another social group, this one's ran by me." Charlie replied, flicked her hair over her shoulder and walked to her seat. Leaving Jace standing their speechless at her response.

Everyone took their seats as the headmaster rose up from the crowd and onto the stage, greeting everyone and waiting as they all quieted down. "I would like to thank everyone for their generous donations this year and exposure we received on our event. We managed to raise 3.2 million to help children with less than ourselves, so all give yourselves a round of applause." Everyone clapped and the teachers joined in the congratulations. "But most importantly I would like to thank our event planner Miss Charlie Marshall, if you could please stand up."