Chapter 8️⃣

(Tae's POV)

Ten minutes passed and still I got no reply from Jungkook, “Is he asleep?” I asked to no one in particular as I stared down at my phone, “But it's too early to fall asleep...” it was only 9p.m. Sighing I decided to send another text.

Me:
We should start working on the project you know.

Another five minutes passed but he still didn't reply. I grew impatient and texted him again.

Me:
We can work at your house tomorrow, we just moved in so my house is a mess rn. (9:01)

Why aren't you replying? You definitely aren't sleeping... (9:05)

Okay then it's final. Tomorrow at your place after school. (9:10)

JK😎:
NO! We will work at your place.

I made an irritated sound when he finally replied. My mood to be civil was long gone.

Me:
Okay. Whatever.

I placed my phone on the bedside table and layed down on my bed, “How am I going to work with him? Gosh... I feel sorry for myself now...”, frustrated I pulled the comforter over my head and in that position fell asleep after some time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I woke up to the sounds of my Dad calling, “Taehyung-ah? Son wake up! You are lateeee”

I woke up instantly when I heard the word ‘late’ and cursed inside my head when I remembered that I hadn't set the alarm as I normally did, It's all because of him... I thought angrily as got up from my bed and checked the time on my phone, 8 a.m.

I got out of my room only to face my very confused Dad, “What happened?”

“I forgot to set the alarm...” I replied in a low voice as I made my way towards the bathroom. I needed to get ready within 15 minutes, school was at a 15 minutes walking distance. I needed to hurry otherwise Mr. Choi would have my head.

Barely making it within time I almost ran out of my home declining the breakfast that Mom offered.

And I ran, Jimin was probably already gone, towards school at full speed, getting there just in time.

“Why are you so late?” Jimin whispered as I sat down beside him, completely out of breath, Mr. Choi had entered the classroom at dot 8:30.

My eyes turned murderous as I turned my head towards Jungkook, muttering under my breath, “Because of a certain someone.”

“Okay class...”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Saturday so we had a half day at school, which basically meant that school for that day was over at lunchtime.

The three of us were packing our bags when Hoseok asked, “Why were you late again...?”

Right at that moment Jungkook stood in front of us, “Because of him.” my voice was mean when my tilted my head towards him.

Jungkook fake cleared his throat to avoid the questioning stares that my friends gave him, “Should me go now?” he asked, looking directly at me.

“Yeah... let's go. I'm starving... didn't even get to eat breakfast.”

Jungkook waited till I finished packing my bag, the atmosphere was tense,“ You guys coming?” I asked Jimin and Hoseok when I was done.

Hoseok shaked his head and Jimin replied, “Ammm... you two go on...”

I shrugged and motioned for Jungkook to follow me, he did. Suddenly I remembered something... I didn't inform Mom that he'll be coming...hmm...it shouldn't be a problem...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took the earphones out of my ears when we finally reached my house, the walk was filled with awkward silence, “That's my house...come on.” I finally said something as I grabbed Jungkook's arm and pulled him along with me. Yes I knew he was completely capable of walking on his own, it wasn't as if he were a small child who'd get lost if not looked after, but I still dragged him with me.

“Mom I'm back!”

“Oh Tae yo- who is he?” she came out of the kitchen, drying her hands on a towel. She was probably making something for me to eat since I didn't have any breakfast.

Jungkook bowed at her and before I could say anything Mom spoke up again, “Is he Jimin?”

Oh God-

I literally felt Jungkook go stiff and I shaked my head, hoping Mom would stop this guessing game of her's.

“Oh! You must be Hoseok!” she clapped her hands like a child who had figured something out.

Mom!!! I wanted to scold her like a parent would but contained myself, “No Mom...he's Jungkook, my...umm... My project... par-partner...” I finished lamely.

What an interesting start....