Chapter 2️⃣2️⃣

(Tae's POV)

Jungkook had befriended Jimin, Namjoon and Hoseok and the other kids in our class hadn't bothered him. That girl who supposedly had a crush on me had also left Jungkook alone. Everything was calm and cool.

Later we found out that Namjoon, Hoseok and Yoongi hyung secretly rap together and that was why Hoseok would sometime disappear together with Namjoon. Jimin was more sad than angry as his best friend had kept such an information secret from him. But as usual the two of them were back to normal again.

After the disastrous event at the diner Jungkook had taken me there with him again after school on Thursday. Both Jin and Yoongi hyung seemed to like me very much, especially Yoongi hyung. I even caught him looking at Jungkook and I with something close to an approving gaze. It was rather weird. But Jungkook and my friendship was flowering day by day. It felt rather good to see him smile on a daily basis.

In the meantime I had even bought a present for Jungkook, even though I told him I wouldn't, it would suit him perfectly but the only problem was that I didn't know when to give it to him. But other than that everything was alright.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Saturday night though this peaceful environment got disturbed a bit. Dad had called earlier saying that one of his colleague and her son will come at our house for dinner. Mom was livid because of this short time notice and she didn't hesitate to shower it on me, “Yah! Quickly clean your room.” she had snapped at me.

“Why do I need to?”

“Because guests are coming over!”

“It's not like they will stay in my room...” I murmured under my breath while climbing the stairs. Once in my room I locked the door and threw my body on top of my bed, school was pretty tiring.

“KIM TAEHYUNG HOW DARE YOU FALL ASLEEP? THEY WILL BE HERE IN 10 MINUTES!”

I groaned, rubbing my sleepy eyes. With tired, red eyes I scanned my room, it was really messy. I sighed, running my hands through my hair I quickly checked my reflection in the mirror. I definitely didn't look presentable but I couldn't care any less about it.

“TAEHYUNG!”

I quickly rushed downstairs just in time to see the front door open and my Dad walking in, followed by a very familiar duo of mother and son.

“Jungkook?” by now I was kinda regretting not getting ready as Mrs Jeon's eyes fell on me. I quickly bowed at her.

“Ahh taehyung.” she pleasantly smiled at me.

“Kookie!” my Mom literally squealed when she saw Jungkook, reminding me how I had said rudely that Jungkook wouldn't visit again so there was no need to give him a nickname. I barely controlled the sigh that almost left my mouth...how ironic...

“Ahh you two know each other? That's good...it wouldn't be awkward then!” Dad said. You are the one who's acting awkward Dad... He gave a nervous laugh, “Remember that boy from the convenience store I told you about?” he questioned Mom while gesturing the guests to sit on the couch.

“That's him? Wow... that's really weird. The world is a really small place.” this time it was Mom's turn to awkwardly smile.

Silence fell over us and Jungkook and I shared a look, both thinking that it'd be best to take the things in our hands.

“Mrs Jeon come with me!” I guided her towards the table. Fortunately we finished the rest of the meal without any awkwardness, the mood had lightened up a lot.

We were finished with the main course and were eating the desert, pudding, when Mrs Jeon spoke,“We never had such a warm meal after I got divorced.”

The reaction to this was rather comical despite the fact that what she said wasn't even funny. Mom and I had a very similar looking confused expression on our faces, Dad had an apologetic look on his face and Jungkook...he was holding the spoon so tightly that his knuckles were turning white.

Mom cleared her throat, “That's umm- so did you take care of Jungkook on your own?”

That was smooth as butter Mom... I had to restrain myself from shaking my head.

“Actually...he took care of himself...” she gave a sad smile to her son who still hadn't looked up. “It was really nice coming here, thank you so much for inviting us Mr Kim.”

“Ani... it's alright. You can visit us again.” Dad replied.

Aren't you two real smooth...

“It's getting late...we should head back home now. Jungkook?” he looked up at that, nodding his head in agreement once the words sunk in.

“Please do come again.” Mom warmly smiled at her as Mrs Jeon got up to leave.

“Of course. You should visit our place too. Taehyung? Why don't you hang out with Jungkook there?”

I nodded my head as I opened the front door from them, quickly taking a look at Jungkook who seemed to be too eager to leave.

As soon as I opened the door though the sound of heavy rainfall was heard, “It didn't say anything about raining in the weather forecast.” Dad said.

“It's raining too heavily... doesn't look like it will stop anytime soon.” Mom said, making me a bit worried about her next words,“You two should stay the night... it's Sunday tomorrow so no hurry.”

What have you done Mom....