Chapter 2: take a melody

It's been a few day since i've become a servant for Fumus.
I haven't got used to it, and i don't think i ever will.

I mainly have to clean the huge mansion he was living in, and i had the help of the other servant at the very beginning.
I was told by them that i was very lucky to be a human. The other servant were angels, and they were really awfully treated. They have scars everywhere, and it's painful to just look at them. I don't know exactly what he did to them, but i got the gist of it.

According to them, angels bodies are way stronger than humans, and so, if Fumus hurts me the way he hurts an angel, i would probably die. However, they don't know why he suddenly needed a human. And me neither

I want to go home.

As i was cleaning a black and purple vase, i heard Fumus footsteps. I knew it was him, because the servants footsteps sounds lighter. I become stiff. Just seeing the state of the angels here, made me even more terrified of him.

I sometimes see him walking around, but he never talk to me. Last time was when he took me here.
He walks in my direction. Is he really going in my direction, or is it a coincidence that he's walking in this hallway?

-(Y/N).
-!

Oh no. He called my name!

-Come here.

He walked past me and asked me to follow him, and so i did.
Shall i ask him why he took me in his mansion? Why me? Why not one of my neighbour? Why not one of my classmate? Why not someone else?

-U-uhm...
-Mmh? What is it?
-W-well, uhm, i uh wa-
-Speak up, i can barely hear you.
-Hum! I was wondering why you took me in here!
-It was a pure coincidence. I went by mistake to your world, and i heard you.
-you heard me?
-Yes. I heard you, while you were playing the piano. I was curious. I wonder if you can entertain me.
-...

I realized he took me to a room i never went in, were there was this beautiful, and huge piano in the middle. The whole room was rather somber because of the feeble light and the dark color of the ground, walls and ceiling. He gently touched my shoulder to push me near the piano, which made me blush a little. When i looked at him, his eyes looked bored and he did a little sign with his head to tell me to go play. I don't really understand, but i just have to play the piano, right?

And so, . . . I sat on the chair, and began to play a melody that i had always loved.