Captain Nicholls #1

Y/n Pov

Opening my eyes just the tiniest bit I look over to my left to where my gorgeous husband is, Captain Nicholls. I smile at the thought of how when I was younger I said I would marry someone important and, I did. And a Captain no doubt. I see him stir and pretend to sleep so he can stay in bed longer.

He tries to move his arm. I hold it tighter.
He tries to squirm away. I squirm closer.

"Darling, and are you going to let me go, or have I been held, hostage?" He asked.

"I like the hostage one" I smile and peer open an eye.

"Let's just stay in bed today" I say.

"Darling, as much as I would love that I can't." He says and kisses my head.

My smile then turns into a frown as I turn around in the bed so I'm facing the window. Tears building up in my eyes.

"Y/n what's wrong?" He asks I can hear his concern.

"... you're leaving" I say after a short pause. I hear him sigh, I know the feeling. I hate it when he leaves, and I hope he does too. But he has to.

"My love it will just be until the war is over then I will be yours forever. I promise."...that's what he always says.

"Okay..." I sigh.

"Right I have to shower then get a horse. I will write to you like I always do." I turn around to face him as he gets out of bed and heads for the bathroom.

"I love you..." I get no reply.

--------

Seeing him off is the hardest part, he is leaving England and is headed for Germany. He's never gone that far before.

After he gets his horse he comes over to say goodbye. I can't help the tears that are threatening to fall.

"Darling, don't cry I should only be gone a month at most. I'll be back as soon as possible. I love you. You know that right?" I nod. "Good, now take care of yourself while I'm gone." He gets on his horse and it slowly trotted away he turns around looks me straight in the eyes and says. "I love you" "I love you too" and Then the tears fall I can see tears in his eyes but he wipes them away as he is being called and trotted away into the distance.

-----------

I got one letter a week from him, but what worried me was when they stopped...I hadn't got one in two weeks.

I hear a knock at the door. I walked over and opened it hoping it to be him. It wasn't.

"Major...how good to see you. Is the Captain with you?" I ask eagerly to find out.

He took off his hat and held his head low...

Oh no...

"Umm...Captain Nicholls...He-he didn't make it..." I snapped.

"No. No no no no no...he-he can't...He promised!" I fell but Major Stewert caught me before I hit the ground.

We sat on the ground. He held me against his chest and let me cry, he tried to soothe me, calm me down but none of it worked.

The love of my life was dead...

-----------

A/N

Hi. Me again. Umm, let me know what you think about it if you have any suggestions/requests just let me know and I'll see what I can do. 😊 xxx