I hate you【one】| kate (tanner hall)

summary: kate flirts with you nonstop, but never actually comes clean about what she thinks of you, until finally, you ask her.

warning/s: none.

author's note: so a Kate x reader imagine was requested on my tumblr and since it's brie i thought why not. hope y'all like it and i recommend watching the film (Tanner Hall) because it's pretty funny but also has it's serious moments. Plus Brie playing a confident and cocky teen is all anyone could ask for tbh

 Plus Brie playing a confident and cocky teen is all anyone could ask for tbh

"Find your partners, quickly, ladies!"

I suppressed my smile as I watched our dance teacher take this way too seriously. I turned to ask the nearest girl if they wanted to be partners, but before I could approach anybody, none other than Kate stepped before me with her signature smirk.

"Hey, partner," she said, holding out her hand.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes as I looked at her with a questioning look. Though I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to smile at how cute she was acting.

"I never said we were partners, Kate," I said matter-of-factly.

She motioned around us. "Well, it looks like everyone else is taken, so you're stuck with me."

I looked around and realised she was right. Everybody already had a partner now, and they were beginning to line up in pairs so we could begin our lesson.

I sighed, narrowing my eyes at her playfully. "Fine. But only because you're literally the only choice I have."

"Hm, only choice you have, I like the sound of that," she said as I put my hand in hers.

I gave her a knowing look as she grinned, leading me to the line that had formed.

"I hope your practice has paid off, ladies," the teacher said proudly, since it was him who had practiced with us. "Pick a lead and begin!"

I looked to Kate with a raised eyebrow, watching as she already had a hand outstretched for me to take and an innocent yet devious smile on her lips.

I sighed, failing to hide my smile as I placed my hand in hers. She pulled me forward suddenly, our bodies pressing together, and grinned down at me, mischievousness playing in her eyes. One hand was resting on my waist as the other held mine up high.

"I take it you're the lead," I said, hoping my cheeks weren't heating up because of how close we were.

"Don't act like you don't love it," she teased, before leading me off as we began to dance.

I had no choice but to rest my other hand on her shoulder as she danced around, grinning as I tried to keep up.

"Kate, slow down!" I got out between laughter, trying to make sure I didn't trip and bring us both down on the gymnasium floor.