𝐢𝐢. 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭

𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗘

𝘉𝘈𝘊𝘒 𝘛𝘖 𝘚𝘊𝘏𝘖𝘖𝘓

𝘉𝘈𝘊𝘒 𝘛𝘖 𝘚𝘊𝘏𝘖𝘖𝘓

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Last night's party was a mess. Champagne was indeed a best friend and worst enemy at the same time. Angelique didn't even remember how she got home, her memories were still blurry.

What she did know, however, was that she had an unbearable headache.

"Ahhh, I feel like my skull has been split open—" Angelique moaned, noticing that she wasn't wearing her party clothes anymore. She rose to a sitting position and glanced around the room. "Lydia! What are you doing here? Isn't it like 6 in the morning?"

Somehow, she woke up a few minutes before the alarm went off. When her clock started to make noise, Angelique hit it with a pillow, knocking it down. "Oh, you shut up!"

"Good morning, Miss." Lydia bowed her head and smiled. "Well, I'm responsible with taking care of your school uniform too and I wanted to make sure it's perfectly ironed."

"You're an angel, literally."

As much as she wanted to stay in bed, she wasn't going to miss school. It was her last year. Besides, her mother would murder her if she skipped classes.

Her bedroom door swung open, revealing a very happy Zöe, the head maid of the Evans mansion, who carried a tray with breakfast and fresh coffee.

"Good morning, Miss," Zöe greeted her, then acknowledged Lydia's presence. "Miss Lydia," the head maid saluted her as well. "I brought you something that should help with your headache."

"Another angel. Am I in Heaven?" Angelique joked, reaching for her cup of freshly-brewed coffee. "I think I'll skip breakfast for today, I don't think my stomach can take it. But coffee is a holy remedy, thank you. Anyway, I remember I passed out wearing my party clothes, so who's responsible for these?" She pointed out to her silk gown.

"I helped you change into your nightwear, Miss," Zöe confessed as she opened the window. "Fresh air should help as well."

"Should I call a makeup artist, Miss?" Lydia intervened.

"Nah, don't worry." Angelique dismissed the idea with a gesture of her hand. "There's nothing a little concealer can't do, I can manage it myself."

"Ugh, look who's here," Blair muttered under her breath, her eyes landing on Angelique right as she got out of her car. She waved in Angelique's direction, inviting her to come closer.