Kiara

Her first Mancing lesson had gone wonderfully. She had ended up reading the textbook from page one.

Written by: Bethany Lawson, Francis Hamilton

Printed by: Williamson & Duke Printing

This textbook has been designed for the Abrian Mancing curriculum. This textbook covers all of Air Mancing, as well as techniques for struggling beginners.

Kiara paused. A printing company? How did that work? Maybe she could ask Ms. Black next lesson.

The next page was titled "Getting Started"

Kiara didn't get a chance to read it, because the Prince flew over to her and began talking.

While he did ask her about herself, it seemed more like a job interview. He asked nothing about her hobbies or what she liked.

That's why she ended up retreating to her room. To read the rest of the textbook. Kiara liked figuring things out at her own pace, which was quite a bit faster than the teacher could talk.

Getting Started

Mancing uses energy from the body to manipulate the environment. The higher the level, the more energy and focus is required.

There is a theory that the elements have an energy of their own, and this is what Mancing can interact with and affect. This has not yet been proven.

Air Mancing is the first of ten Mancing levels. It is where everyone, even royalty, begin. However, not everyone has the same amount of energy within them. Nobility may ascend the ranks of Mancing quickly, but will slow down as the energy and focus requirements become higher.

In the current age, roughly half of the population are able to at least use Air Mancing. The relationship between energy and wind have been heavily studied, although not all is known. It is believed that the same amount of energy used for Air Mancing is consistent across all people. It is only the amount of energy one has that hinders their advancement.

Air is one of the most versatile Mancing levels. It can be used as a weapon, a defence, to hold multiple objects at once, or merely to get dust off ones clothes. By the end of this textbook, you will have mastered this art, and gain your title of Grey Mancer.

Kiara reached the end of the page, and she was surprised at how much she had learned from just that. Even if someone had no idea what Mancing was, they'd surely know after this.

Suddenly an announcement struck in her head.

"The first lesson is now over. You have a short rest period before lunch."

The first day of school was moving fast. Kiara wanted to keep reading, but the door suddenly opened.

"I hope you're happy!" Tess burst into the room, but stopped when she took in the room. Her eyes farted around, then quickly back to Kiara. "I bet you have the Prince wrapped around your little finger. You told me you didn't like him so you could get me out of the way!"

"What?" Kiara was a little confused, but mostly amused. Her sister just barged in accusing her of something she didn't do, all because she was supposedly jealous? It was so ridiculous that Kiara's mouth twitched up a little.

"Yeah I bet you think this is real funny. Oh, Tess is so easy to fool! Well, you didn't, so you better keep an eye open when you sleep." Tess' face was red and she looked like she might cry. In any other situation, Kiara would've comforted her. But all she could say was "What?"

Tess took one last look around the room and stormed out, slamming the door behind her.

Kiara was speechless. The whole interaction was so silly that she could only let out a confused laugh.