Five. Orchid

Hiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa gays! I seriously have nothing to say right now except let's get on with this!
................................................................................
Taehyung's POV.
"So he's telling me that Yoongi is attracted to Jimin but HE'S attracted to Hoseok and Hoseok confessed his love to YOONGI?" I absentmindedly speak whilst making research notes on my drafting pad.
Today we are studying the Orchid. This is not any usual orchid though; It's stems are not parallel. The reddish coloured leaves also make it seem as if the flower was a hybrid of two different species of orchid. "That's absurd" I say to myself once again, knowing that nobody was in the lab with me.
Although I cannot seem to get my mind off what Yoongi told me the day before; Yesterday he called me up saying that he likes my cousin, Park Jimin. I don't even know him that personally to make a statement to Yoongi about how he feels about the latter.
It's strange, not because it's a love triangle, but because Yoongi and Hoseok are basically childhood friends, and don't like the sound of where it may trail off to because of this Jimin guy. I shake away my obscene thoughts away by focusing on observing the purple flower through the microscopically tubal machine.
"Maybe it's an Epindrum, they are the only orchids to have a single stem, unless it's a Monopodial orchid...I-wait that's it!"
I write a bunch of scientific words in excitement, on the coarse paper and slump down the chair with my lab coat stuck between the microscope.
"You sound sexy when speaking difficult and scientific words..."
a familiar voice startles me and I look behind to see a disheveled version of the gorgeous yet promiscuous boy I met almost a week ago. How did he get to my lab? I don't recall giving him my laboratory access. He chuckles dryly, seems like he already read my mind.
"Don't worry, I didn't hack into your lab, Jin told me the address to your lab and um...here you go" He hands me this wrapped up paper. I cautiously open the red ribbon loose and witness a big 'Research; A Common Guide To Plantae' written boldly on the front.
Why does Jin want me to complete his research?
The coconut-head looks at me with extreme boredom, before muttering a "I'm going now, bye!" As he walks out the lab. I grab his wrist in panic. Why do I always do that? The first time he tried to get away from me, I grabbed his wrist a little to harsh for comfort, and now I'm doing it again?
I really need to work on my instincts. I sigh as I clear my throat.
"Jeongguk. Stay here for a moment! I'll get you some tea-" but he quickly flinches and snatches his wrist away from my grasp. "It's okay...I don't need your precious time" He huffs before turning around on his heels, making his way outside. "No Don't go!"
I shriek embarrassingly without noticing. I quickly cover up my mouth as he looks at me with a harrowing eyes. I clear my throat once again and drag him by his wrist. "If you try to mess with me once again, I'm going to seriously soccer ball kick you to Daegu. You hear me?" I sternly look at him dead in the eyes.
He f**king bursts out laughing?!
"Dude-what's wrong with you? One second you're all serious and not talking to me and now-forget it. Nice prank"
I halfheartedly smile at him before turning my back against him and continuing my nonexistent research...well he doesn't know that.
"Hey"
I huff at his weak attempt to put up a conversation with me.
"...My girlfriend cheated on me"
"-WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL JEON?" I abruptly turn around and pull him by his collar. Even though he clearly seemed buffer than I'll ever become, but it felt good handling him since I knew that he wouldn't do anything to his hyung. I observe his lower lip trembling and now that I look at it, maybe that's why he seemed weirdly out of character.
Usually he's a happy and shy kid but today he seemed as if like the world sucked all the innocence out of him. I shrug off the unimportant thoughts. You need to console the man, Taehyung.
"How? I mean...that's not the right-" He cuts me off by hugging me tightly. To the point where I was almost about to choke but I didn't mention it. He really needs a distraction at the moment instead of me whining like a weakling. I push him down on my desk chair and ruffle his hair.
"Sit down for a while...talk to me. Do you want water? Tea? Coffee? Anything? Or would you like to continue?" I bombard him with a million questions as if he were a subject of mine. He just shook his head and I took the hint. I slowly crouched down in front of the impaled boy.
What should I do? I'm not good at being the responsible one in these types of situations. So I just stare at him as he wipes his flowing tears away from his doe eyes.
"Sh-she said she had enough of me and th-that I became boring...so she-she cheated on me with a boy named Kim Yugeom-the worst thing was that she was my first love, Taehyung. But after a while...things started to change. I cannot believe I lost my virginity to someone who didn't take me as a partner-I was a toy. She abused me every. Single. Day. Yet I still waited for her to come back to her SENSES!"
He kicks the desk in front of him...clearly mad. Maybe I should do something. I wrap my arms around his neck and awkwardly sit on his lap. Well...this is not a position I wanted t one in. But right now I want him to look at me straight in the eyes.
If this was the right way of doing it, then I couldn't care less about sitting on his lap.
"Jeongguk. I haven't dated anyone before since I'm married to my work, but I have felt betrayal, to be honest you are a strong, independent and free individual who should not care about a stupid whore leaving you. There's plenty of time to come. You'll find love. Who knows? You may be treated nice for a change" I stare at him and he slowly nods; wipping away his tears and hugging my waist.
"You know...this is an uncomfortable position to sit-" "Oh-Sorry I'll get down now" I carefully escape from his lap and take a seat in front of him.
He finally smiles at me.
I smile back.
We stay there for a while until the door just open with force. "Hey Tae-oh...kay. Is this a ritual or am I just seeing things because you two are just staring at each other and smiling deviously" Jin suddenly whispers in a low tone as if we were in a library.
I roll my eyes at my fellow colleague. "How about quit getting f**ked by Namjoon and get these papers done instead?" I hand him his research papers back as he looks at me with a bewildered expression. Jeongguk looks back and forth between the both of us before smirking knowingly.
"Ah Taehyung! I've caught them having sex when they were in University and trust me...it's not a great sight to look at" He breaks down into a melodic laughter as I grin uncontrollably.
"At least I have a faithful boyfriend, unlike your 'lover' Chaeyoung. God when will you learn that she isn't good for you?" He says in a casual tone. We both stare at each other with a dumbfounded expression. I clear my throat but Jeongguk quickly covers my mouth with his...muscular hand.
"She cheated on me. I broke up with her. Happy?" He says nonchalantly and I cannot help but to break a smile at the little bunny. Did I ever mention that he genuinely smiles like a bunny with his eyes crinkling and all? Maybe I'm a little bit creepy.
Yeah...I think the second option was probably correct.
After a long pause. Jin suddenly starts to waddle around the lab like a penguin. Singing and mumbling incoherent words and jumping up and down in cheerfulness.
I look over to see that Jeongguk was actually smiling. I hope it stays that way for a long time.
Or else...I don't know what I would do without him smiling.
................................................................................
How's the chapter?
Bye readers!