Nine. Ghost Plant (Paraguayense)

Hoyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lovely people. Did you notice the change in my introduction today? Yes, I'm feeling a little on edge lately...mostly because my paper review is on Monday and I'm nervous.
................................................................................
Taehyung's POV.
"Did you find him?!"
"No Jin. Obviously if I'd found him I wouldn't be walking into the laboratory without him. Do you have any conscience left in your brain? Oh I forgot. You don't. Which is why I advise you to shut your mouth up because I am already too stressed out!"
I say with anger fuming up to my ears, making them turn into a reddish colour.
Jin turns pale for a second before reverting back to normal. I knew I'd lash out on him. To be honest I could lash out on anyone right now because of my bizarre state. It was (then) that I had realised.
"I feel nauseous. I'm gonna go now, see you and have a good day Jin"
As I try to pry open the door with my bare fingers, Jin puts his arms on the handle and his force on the door stops me from going any further.
"You are not going anywhere, it's three in the afternoon! You just came back from your long search of finding the boy. Take rest, relax. I know you're going to go out and search for him again but if Namjoon told me the right address to his house, then it may mean that you were searching in the right place and that he was hiding from you"
I scoff.
"How do you know that for sure-and what kind of friend is Namjoon? Why the hell does he not know his long time friend's house address up until now-"
"Namjoon wasn't a very close friend of Jeongguk, per se. He only got contacted by him when the other boy asked to meet up with him since he had uhm...issues with his past partner. And from what I know, Jeongguk doesn't have any friends in Seoul. He only moved here a short while ago so it wouldn't make sense for him to hide in any other person's house" Jin signals me to the water cooler.
"I know. I just-there's something about him. I usually wouldn't care about someone that I have been (for roughly) three weeks with. He's just one of a kind. I want him. I need him. It's weird. I'm weird. I don't know but if I cannot get in contact with him under two days then I swear I'll do something-something stupid"
I tightly wrap my odd and slender fingers around the glass and chug down the cold water. As the water hits the back of my throat I get this strange feeling in my stomach. A feeling that may or may not be good.
I look over at Jin and he has been glaring at me with a knowing look. I raise my eyebrows at the gesture. He sarcastically chuckles and snatches the empty glass away from me.
"You're not going to do anything stupid, you hear me? If I see that you HAVE done something bad to yourself then I'll be the judge of you. Got it?" He sternly stomps on his right foot and trots back to the desk office.
I laugh at his motherly nature. Sometimes I forget that they're the only family I have and by 'them' I mean Namjoon and Seokjin. Since my parents well uh-kicked me out for being gay. Yes, cliche I know.
(Do not forget the herbalist part too, I realised after a long time that my parents weren't as perfect as I thought they were. The least they could do was respect my choice of career.)
"What are we researching on today?" I ask to seemingly change the subject. Jin looks over from the desk an re-adjusts his glasses. He then looks over at the research table and clears his throat.
"This one was quite a hustle to find. Since we haven't done anything much regarding the 'Jade Plant Family' so I whined and kind of blackmailed my boyfriend to bring this plant while he had gone to his business trip to Mexico. This is a quote on quote 'Ghost Plant' But the scientific name is Graptopetalum Paraguayense-"
I slowly approach the table to see a plant with succulent leaves.
"Wow...look at that. It's so cool uhm-sorry about my unprofessionalism. You were saying?" I awe at the beauty of the green spine-like and pointed leaves.
Jin shakes his head in disbelief and says "You are a literal kid, Kim Taehyung" to which I simply show off my notorious middle finger at him.
"Yah! Respect your elders. Nevertheless, this plant is from the-"
"Look it's so pointy!"
"....Will you let me speak?"
He grabs his own hair in frustration as I look at him with puppy eyes (to which he sighs at).
"Common names include Sedum Weinbergi and Mother-of-pearl-plant. This is not to be confused with Monotropa uniflora which is also referred to as the ghost plant. This beauty has white flowers which have a form of a star. Thank you for allowing me to speak...now I'll get back to texting Joonie since I miss him.
Oh and one more thing! Please don't touch these 'cool' looking species unless you want to end up in a badly managed clinic because I don't have the money nor do I have the insurance to pay your hospital fees"
Seokjin sassily flips his imaginary hair back, making me laugh in a constipated manner. He really is something. He goes back to putting his feet on the table and smiles down on his phone with a fond expression plastered on his face. He must love the other to death.
Love.
My mind suddenly makes an image of a smiling Jungkook; I remember the time when I had told him that he had cute bunny-like teeth. I knew that it would set him off. But I also knew that Jungkook had never directed his anger at me, Even if I was the person that would hurt his feelings.
But why-what does love have to do with him? Why did my mind wander off to him specifically. It could have been Yoongi...who I had been best friends with since high school, or Jin and Namjoon...who had basically been raising me after I got kicked out.
Do I love him? Do I want to be selfish and just admit that I have feelings for him or do I just suck it up in case of our friendship messing up? Do I even know if he likes boys? A billion questions are raised in my head and I cannot make out the answers to any one of them.
Right now, I'm focused on finding my baby.
I quickly whip my head towards Jin.
"I'm worried, Jin"
The aforementioned looks at me with concern.
I sigh. "You know how I like-you know how much he means to me. And I have been thinking that I want to do it. You know what we've been talking about. Uh-the thing thing! I want to make the first impression and I know that I've never had been experienced in that sort of field. Why aren't you responding? Uh hello Jin?"
Jin looks bewildered as he signals me to turn around. I stumble back in amusement as I see a familiar brunette who had draped his body in an oversized black hoodie.
"S-sorr-ry I was late today. I had some family business to attend to and I just...lost track of time. Who were you talking about just now? Was it about Yoongi? Because I think that you should go for it. You-you deserve him!"
................................................................................
I'm trembling in fear of tomorrow's paper review 😂 make sure to leave a comment and share your thoughts?
Bye readers!