Seven. Gardenia

^^^me right now. Hiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa guys! Exams are finally over. I feel bizarre yet at the same time relieved? I don't know what I'm saying 😂 but I guess I'll stop rambling about my life now.
.....................................................................................................
Taehyung's POV.
"H-hi Yoongi" I nervously bite my lower lip, but Yoongi being himself, he witnessed my nervousness yet remained unfazed about it. He rammed his right foot forcibly on the ground and I knew what the action meant.
"Okay I'm sorry! I don't know Jimin that well and we MAY be related but I cannot figure out his feelings for you-I talked to him yesterday and he said that he didn't know you.
He mentioned seeing you on a dating app and that's it. He's into Hoseok according to my knowledge. Look-I'm your best friend and I know what's best for you, so could you not break your heart by dating the guy-I know this is just me sh*tting about my cousin who I don't even know that well but I don't want to see your heart broken once again...you know how it went with Hoseok.
I don't want you to go through the same thing again just because you're too drunk in love to even think about the consequences; especially the long term affects. I care about you, you know? And what ever relationships you've pursued have been usually...er how can you say it, they were not the 'best soulmate material' to my knowledge and I know all of this might offend you I'm just saying.
If I were you I would not date an unknown man on a dating app, with whom all of a sudden I fell in love with. Sorry for the lecturing I know I ramble a lot so just come in"
I take a breather as I step aside. Yoongi's expression softens for a moment before he turns stoic again. Nevertheless he comes inside and gently closes the door; Yoongi never does anything 'gently' in reality. Seeing him this calm and collected really makes me think that he thought everything over when I last called him at 3:00 in the morning as he was balling his eyes out about how he saw Jimin kissing another boy on his Instagram story.
Get this, it was not any ordinary boy, it was Yoongi's ex Hoseok who still 'claims' to be in love with the other and wants to get his sh*t together in order to win over Yoongi. Of course Yoongi doesn't know this except the fact that his ex still loves him for some reason.
You might be guessing how would I know this? Well I have my ways; Jin and Namjoon used to have Hoseok living with them in university (specifically the first three years of his bachelor) and after that he moved out. It was also the time when he was caught cheating on Yoongi with a boy named Sehun? Suho! It was Suho.
In conclusion, when you have friends from various friend groups, in this case Namjoon and Jin were VERY close with Hoseok, then you get the benefit of hearing the story from both sides.
"How's the research going?"
"Huh?"
Yoongi huffs. "You're a herbalist, Taehyung. Don't you have any research to do?" He said as he sat on a lab table. If it anybody else-even Jin, I would have kicked him out of this planet if I'd see him sitting on a lab table. I try to bite back my tongue and endure because...he's Yoongi.
"Uh yeah? I was studying about the Gardenia flower. What interested me was that these white pearled flowers are native to the tropical and subtropical regions of Africa, South Asia and Australia-meaning that this species can be difficult to grow elsewhere because it demands high humidity to thrive and indirect bright light.
However this flower had been growing at the back of our lab in direct sunlight and we did not even fertilise it with an acid fertiliser!"
Yoongi raises his eyebrows in an 'are you serious' type of manner.
"What is with you and weird flowers growing at the back of this small ass lab?" He chuckled at his own pathetic joke as he leisurely sat up from the table and started to fiddle around with the flower.
A reason why I do not allow this over grown man into my precious laboratory; he acts as if  this all were 'child's play' and messes around with fragile plants. However; being the lovesick puppy I was I did not even try to snatch anything away from him this time around.
"How are things with um..."
"Jeongguk?"
He scratches the back of his head in embarrassment "Yeah, him. I heard that you became really good friends" He skips around the laboratory casually, on the other hand my heart is ripping apart due to the closeness of him and the thin glass where my flower collection was in place.
Anyhow, I ignore the beautiful pain in the ass that was my friend, Yoongi.
"I'm assuming you 'heard' that from Seokjin?" I emphasise on the word 'heard' as I always had known how close Jin was with Yoongi-basically Jin was the mediator of this huge friend group. From Hoseok to Yoongi, he never picked a fight with anyone and so didn't they.
"Duh"
He simply says.
I scoff to myself. "Well-yes actually. He's a literal sweetheart and due to the breakup, he kind of lost his charm but I consoled him to the point where he started to become his usual self again. Yesterday I was trying to lift up a heavy microscope with my bare hands and guess what? He literally held it easily from ONE HAND. And I remember when he wore this sheer white shirt with converse shoes and black ripped jeans and his muscles were like, humongous! He also brought me the Japanese ramen I had told you that I liked. That reminds me of that one time when the lights went off and we both were cooking-"
"Yes I get it. You're obsessed with the poor boy!" He puts his hands up in defence and leaves me with my jaw almost hitting the floor. He looks at me as if I had done something stupid.
"What? You're genuinely talking about him as if he's the only creature existing on this planet. You don't even talk about your real idol, Park Bogum, like that. Taehyung has his first love!" He dances excitedly around me and I stare him down. Is he serious? I have confirmed it to him that I would rather be married to my work, than to some ordinary boy who'd probably choke me to death because of his muscular hands.
Besides, I go on personality rather than the looks. I try to open my mouth to speak up but he beats me to it.
"No. Don't you dare say cliche or dumb crap like 'oh my god! We're just friends' or 'he's like my figurative brother' because I swear I'm going to punch your face into submission"
Well, that shut me up completely. Yoongi comes over to pat me on the back. He gestures me to sit down and I comply. He then coughs (falsely) to make the atmosphere less awkward.
"Listen boy. I'm older than you, and there's no doubt that I may be more immature than you, but I know a person in love when I see one. Jin always is talking about how you act around with Jeongguk. By the way he describes the interactions between you two, it feels like you're an old married couple.
No offence. Let me give you a solid advice, go for it. Ask the man out. Who knows? Maybe he feels the same way and is just too shy about it. This is special Tae; you and I both know how you've never been interested in someone other than your work to even know about them personally.
It's not my place to tell you this but stop being a wuss. Please. If he says no, then it's his loss. If he says yes-which I certainly think that he will, then you got yourself a boyfriend and loyal husband for the rest of your life. Don't be like me, Taehyung, don't choose the wrong people to love.
This boy clearly seems to good to be true so if you really like-no. If you really love him then make an move"
"But-"
"Don't knock it till you try it, Tae"
.....................................................................................................
Damn there's some tension in the air ohlalala!
I should just stop now. This is pure embarrassment.
Bye readers!