About This Story

DISCLAIMER: I do NOT own nor have any affiliation with The Hobbit, Thranduil or anyone or anything associated with it. This is for entertainment only. No profit is being made.

This is the beginning of a challenge that I am making of myself (and for any who will participate) in which I will in a sense role-play as the Thranduil, who is in love with you (or your fictional character/Tolkien character), and will write a personalized letter to anyone who "writes back".

 I will continue this challenge until June 30, 2019, of which the last letter from Thranduil will be posted. 

The way I want this to work (and yes, I know it may be confusing to some), is if you wish to receive a personalized letter, which can range from PG to Explicit, you write a response to this letter. "Thranduil" (aka role-playing) will respond to your letter. 

This can be a one-time thing, or it can continue on as long as you wish. I will post responses once or twice a week in bulk with each response posted as new chapters. Unless specified, the responders will remain anonymous, however, they will be tagged so that they may read his responses (again, unless they wish to remain untagged), once their response is posted in one of the chapters. 

You'll identify your responses by the opening of who it is addressed to. Thranduil will adopt a "petname" so to speak for each participant. The person it is for and response numbers will be in the chapter titles. That way if you want to bypass a certain one, you can.

Again, you can respond as yourself, a character you made up, as his future queen, as Bard, or whoever you like, but it has to be a letter written back to the Thranduil. Not a "hey! can I have a response made out for me!". It's remaining anonymous so that everyone can personalize their responses whole-heartedly, create whatever scenarios or encounters they wish, and make it as clean and crisp, or as dirty and raunchy as they/you like. Once more, you do not have to keep writing responses, you can just do it once if you like, or you can just keep responding and let the relationship grow into a story arc of it's own. Once June 30th rolls around, I will organize things better if necessary for future readers sake. Also, "your letters" will not be posted, unless you wish me to include it, just Thranduil's response to it.

So, please help me out with this challenge/project! If you have any questions, please ask!

You can send your responses to the king's letter in several ways: Twitter, Tumblr, Gmail, Wattpad, Facebook, FFNet - just look up moonofmorrigan, or in gmail's case it's moonofmorrigan @ gmail . com . You can send them to me privately by Direct Message, tag me, or as a comment on all of those platforms. For AO3 users, I would suggest email or even dreamwidth if you do not want to play along in the comments here, or write your response as it's own fic and tag me.

As always, comments/kudos/reblogs/sharing (with credit to me of course as the writer) is great, and I love you all for it! I want to do this to get my writer's feet back so to speak. A lot of things have happened in the last several months to just straight out keep me from actually writing in general, and it's kind of got me out of sorts, and very much in doubt of myself. If you love or hate this idea, please let me know as well!