To Sweetest Love 01

The following responses are dedicated to indelwen-of-mirkwood, lilith15000, beaulahmae (from tumblr), and a lady who sent a response via email: character name Gabrielle.

Sweetest Love,

If I may call you the above name...

I do not understand how you could not believe you would not deserve my affections. You are not only beautiful, but kind, intelligent and witty! Though you are not a servant in my kingdom, you still stood out among all other ladies of mankind. Station matters little to me, despite what others may whisper about me. Being of the race of man means little to me as well because my heart is already yours.

From what I have come to understand of your letter you return my feelings, but do not feel worthy...

I will not force my intentions on you, if you truly do not welcome them, but I pray you will at least allow me to know you. Please know you are welcome in my halls at any time you may wish to come.

Whether you will ever look upon my affections without feeling inadequate I can not know... (I do not See into futures as some other elves do), but I do know you are very worthy of them, worthy of the stars and moon themselves, albeit mine or another in your life.

I wish you well, and joy. Perhaps you will reply, but I will not request it of you. I wish it to be from your will alone that you do.

Always,

Thranduil