chapter3

3— you're not alone anymore

---.ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎.---

Mirae finds herself walking alongside her newest friend (if she can call him that), Jungguk.

She can tell Jungguk is exhausted, because of the escape and all.
She is too.

The walk is silent, and it seems that neither Mirae nor Jungguk want to say anything.

After a long, long walk, Jungguk finally stops in front of a building...a very old building.

It looks like it was a post office.
But it is rather outdated.

"Sigh...So this, you know, is where I've been living, for the past month or so." He says.

The girl just nods.

Jungguk opens the front door and walks in, Mirae following him inside.

And, she's awestruck.

The place, even if it is old and outdated, it has this homey feel to it, and it looks like a successful attempt had been carried out to clean the place up.

"So, umm, I know this is dirty...not that I haven't tried to clean it, but-" He quickly adds, but is cut by Mirae who walks inside looking ahead and around.

"It's nice."

She then turns to him.
"I find it is perfect." She says, smiling.

Jungguk is surprised.
He had thought that being a girl, and of course the place being dirty, she would refuse to stay.

But she didn't.

Not that he was complaining anyway.

"How?" He asks. He knows that the question sounds stupid, but he has to know why someone would think of that place, pretty.

When he first arrived here, the place was a mess, and he had to tidy-up the place enough for human residence.

"Well, its not just about how it looks, but it is about the feel of it, and the efforts been put in. That's why it feels homey. And trust me, I know the difference between a house, and a home." She states looking into his eyes with an expression, which conveyed Jungguk the message, that she is appreciating him.

He smiles.

"Thanks. So, you wanna eat something?" He asks politely.

"Umm, I guess. What do you have?"

"Uh, not much, but I do have cookies. You want some?"

"Do you have enough for your future use?" She asks him, concerned.

Jungguk suddenly has this strange yet absolutely lovely feeling in his heart, the feeling of being wanted, of being cared for.

It felt foreign, but good.