chapter6

6—familiar

6—familiar

---.ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎.---

Mirae finds herself walking alongside Jungguk under the thick canopy, through the forest.

She can't help but look around the dense woods, the woods clicking her as if she's seen them before.

Branches, canopies so thick; even sunlight could hardly penetrate, giving the forest a spooky, gloomy look.

But still, Mirae's eyes gleam with fascination, as they dance high and low through the forest.

As she moves forward, her mind dips into a trance, marking each and every detail of the woods, but being brought back to reality when she notices that Jungguk isn't present there beside her anymore

She turns around to look for him; but he's nowhere to be found.

A sudden panic hits her heart; shivers travelling down her body.

"Jungguk?" she tries calling out to him, but her voice comes out rather a mere whisper.

"Jungguk!" she calls out a little louder this time.

Still no response.

"Jungguk, where are you?!" she cries.

"Don't leave me alone." She murmurs.

A sudden rustling of leaves from the opposite direction startles her.

She turns around to find-

-Jungguk, poking his head out from behind a thick tree, grinning like an idiot.

Mirae stomps over to him with angry steps, to stop right in front of him.

Jungguk expected a punch on his fore-arm or a good reprimanding from her.

But he is astonished to receive a tight hug from her instead.

Her arms tightly wrap around his shoulders and neck, like she does not want him to leave her or be even an inch away from her.

He slowly embraces her back, arms wrapping around her waist, so delicately, as if he was holding a baby.