chapter5

5—I trust you

5—I trust you

---.ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎.---

Mirae wakes up to what seemed like the soft sound of something falling outside the house.

She pushes herself up so that she could sit on the so-called couch with no comfort.

She groans, a little soar from sleeping on the couch.

Thump.

She turns her head towards the window.
That sound, again.

She stands up and moves towards the window with slow and steady, yet hesitant steps.

Just as she's about to reach the translucent window, the front door flies opens. She snaps her head towards the door.

"Oh, you're up." Jungguk says, with a smile.

Mirae sighs, relieved.

"Oh, its just you."

"I'm sorry, did I wake you up? I was actually collecting some fruits from outside." He explains, scratching the back of his neck.

"Its okay, really. So, there are fruits...outside?" She asked.

"Yeah, apples. Lucky, right? I mean, free breakfast everyday." He chuckles.

Mirae smiles. She really opines that the guy looks like a cute bunny.

 She really opines that the guy looks like a cute bunny

He steps nearer and hands her a bag.

"What's this?" She asks, a pout forming over her lips, looking at the small pocket bag.

"Those are, a toothbrush and some basic toiletries you'll maybe need." He explains.

Mirae opens up the bag to spot a toothbrush, a toothpaste, some soap, a comb etc..

"I-I don't understand. How did you get these?" She looks at him, confused.

"I went to the Sijang* today. I know you ran from your house and all, like you said, so, I thought you'll need...things, for your daily...thing, right?"