Chapter 7

Anna's POV

"I really hope mum doesn't send a howler," Ron groaned as the post came.

"Me too," I agreed. But I knew it was coming. Then, this first year with a huge camera ran over to me and Harry

"Hi! my name is Colin Creevy! I'm a huge fan! Can I get your picture?" he asked quickly.

"Umm-"

"Sure," I said, cutting off Harry. I hated it when I get noticed for what happened with Voldemort all those years ago, and so did Harry. But this kid seemed okay.

"Do you want me to get in it?" Ron asked hopefully.

"You can take the picture!" Colin said, handing the camera to a sad Ron. He snapped the picture. Then, an owl swooped down and dropped a letter in front of me and Ron, it was bright red.

"Oh no," me and Ron groaned. The howler opened itself.

"ANNA BLACK AND RONALD WEASLEY!" it screamed and echoed across the hall. Everyone was quiet and watching, even the teachers.

"No, no, no" I muttered with my head in my hands.

"HOW DARE YOU TAKE ARTHUR'S CAR. YOU COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED! AND NOW ARTHUR HAS I GET A NEW CAR FROM THE MINISTRY! IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE, YOU WILL NOT LIVE TO SEE ANOTHER DAY!" the howler yelled and tore itself up. All eyes were on me and Ron. This was the worst.

"Lets get to class," I muttered and Harry, Ron, and Hermione followed me out the great hall.

"Ron, we're dead," I winced. Mrs. Weasley would probably kill is next time she saw us.

"I thought we already were," he muttered.

"And you know what makes it worse?" Harry asked.

"What?" I asked.

"Our next class is defense against the dark arts," he said and we groaned, well except for Hermione who was squealing like a rabid fangirl. (a/n this is me whenever someone mentions Harry Potter 😆) We walked in and sat next to a girl I met last year named Amanda Galian because Harry and Ron sat together and Hermione sat with someone else. She was one of my friends, but not like Rom or Hermione because she wasn't in my house and I didn't see her that often. She was sweet and in Hufflepuff.

"Hey Anna," she said smiling.

"Hey Amanda," I said, smiling back.

"Hello kids! It's me, your awesome teacher, Gilderoy Lockhart!" He said, flashing a smile. All of the girls gasped, except for me and Amanda.

"Am I the only one who hates him?" I asked Amanda quietly so Lockhart couldn't hear.

"No, I hate him too. He's so conceded," she said. Okay, she was awesome.

"I know right!" I said. I looked back at Lockhart again and he got out a huge cage that was covered with a big black blanket so we couldn't see what was inside. It was rattling.

"Now be warned, my job is to arm you against the foulest creatures to wizard kind. I must ask you to scream, it might provoke them," he said and took the blanket off the cage. Inside were tons of little purple creatures. I immediatly recognized them as Cornish Pixies. They didn't look that dangerous, but they could be really crazy and annoying. They couldn't do any real harm.

"Pixies?" Seamus asked, laughing.

"Ahh, yes, let's see what you make of them!" Lockhart said dramatically and opened the cage. The pixies flew everywhere. It was chaos. They started ripping up books, picking up and hitting kids, and taking wands.

"Um.. I've gotta to get to my office," he said and ran up to his safe office.

"YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! HE'S SUCH A THICKHEADED GIT!" I yelled in frustration as some pixies tried taking my book.

"WHAT A COWARD, OBVIOUSLY HE WASNT A GRYFFINDOR!" Amanda yelled as some pixies were playing tug of war with her wand. I snatched my book from the pixies and started hitting them with it. That left me alone for a bit and I looked To find some pixes hitting the chain of a chandelier. I looked under it and saw Draco, hitting pixies with his book. The chandelier fell and I ran and tackled Draco before he could get crushed by it. Luckily, it didn't hit either of us like last year, when I pushed Hermione out of the way before a sink could crush her and it fell on top of my head and I was in a coma for a week.
"You save my life...Thank you," Draco said in shock, getting up.
"No problem, you would probably do the same for me," I said, smiling. Okay, I know Draco might seem like a huge jerk,, but once you get to know him, he can be a great friend. I saw out of the corner of my eye Harry, fuming. He would always get jealous when I would even talk to or get near Draco. I don't know why he would be jealous though, Draco was only a friend. I looked over and saw some pixies taking my bag. I ran over to get it back, then I remembered how I could talk to animals. The pixies probably wouldn't listen, but it was worth a try. I started talking to it.

"Can you please stop?!" I asked as they started yanking my hair.

"No!" They squealed and kept pulling my hair.

"I heard there was sugar in Lockhart's office," I told the pixies, trying to trick them.
"Really?"
"Yep," I said and the all the pixies opened the office door and went in. I heard Lockhart's scream and started laughing.
"Woah, how did you do that?" Amanda asked in shock.
"I can talk to animals," I said quietly.
"That's so cool," she said. The bell rang and class was dismissed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey readers! Did you like that chapter? It wasn't long, but at least I updated. I'm trying to write this book as fast as I possibly can because I hate "The Chamber of Secrets" and I want to write the next book. But I really can't skip this one. I have some plot twists in mind for this one to make it more interesting. Anyways, remember to vote, comment, and keep reading! 😝