Chapter 13

Harry's POV

"Tom, we have to help her!" I said, full of hope. Maybe he could help me.

"I'm sorry, but I can't help you Harry," he said smirking. What? I slung her arm over my shoulder and tried to support her. 

"What do you mean you can't help me? SHE'S DYING!" I yelled desperatly. He just spun my wand in his fingers.

"You're stupid, you obviously don't get it," he said. How could this guy be so heartless? Anna was dying and he was just standing there smirking? I carefully set Anna down.

"Who are you? Why are you even here?" I asked, anger boiling up inside of me. He just looked amused at my desperation.

"Well, it's about time you asked that. The reason that you don't know about me is because Anna never let me out of her sight," he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked, trying to keep my voice steady. I felt like she stabbed me in the back.

"Harry, do you see this journal?" Tom asked, taking a small black book from a pocket in Anna's robes. I nodded.

"You can probably tell I'm not exactly human," he said, motioning to the glowing air around him.

"Your point is?"

"I've been in this journal for fifty years. Anna found me in the library and started writing in me, like a diary," he explained. He had a cocky look in his eyes and I didn't like it one bit.

"When she found out about her father-"

"What about her father?" I asked.

"I promised not to tell anyone. A small price to pay to get her to do my dirty work. Wow Tom, it's like you actually understand me. I would tell Harry but...no offense to him...he wouldn't understand, and he would hate me. I know you won't tell anyone, right? I decided it was only right to give her something in return. I can tell that it hurts you to know that she wouldn't tell you anything, that she doesn't trust you," he said smirking. He was right, it did hurt me to know that. He was probably lying, he had to be. But what he was saying all made sense.

"What do you mean 'dirty work'?" I asked.

"Let me finish, you deserve to hear the whole story. She just kept spilling her deepest darkest secrets, and I showed her flashbacks of my life so I could get her to trust me. Then, I started...how do I put it lightly...I took over her. The writing on the walls, that was her," 

"No," I said, stepping back.

"The basilisk? She can speak to animals, therfore she can speak parseltongue, she summoned it to petrify Hermione,"

"No, you're lying! She would never do anything like that!" I exclaimed.

"Well, of course she wouldn't, it was technically me. She didn't know she was doing any of that stuff, and she didn't know when she would get angry," he said. I thought back, Anna was barely ever around, and she always acted as if nothing as wrong after she would have sudden bursts of anger.

"I controlled her to do it all. Too bad she has to die, she was actually quite pretty, and so young,"

"SHUT UP!" I yelled, I couldn't take it anymore. He just looked like this was the best day of his life.

"Who are you really?" I growled.

"Let me spell it out for you," he said. He raised my wand and started writing his name in blazing red letters. TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE. Then, the letters started to rearrange themselves. I AM LORD VOLDEMORT.

"You...you can't be...you're dead," I said in disbelief.

"I am, but I'm draining Anna's life so I can rise again, and I will be more powerful than before. You see, by draining her of her life, I am also draining her of her powers," he said.

"What powers?"

"You'll find out...oh wait, no you won't, you'll be dead," he said meancingly. Then, he started speaking in parseltongue.

"Let's match the powers of the great Lord Voldemort against the famous Harry Potter," he said. Then, a huge creature came out of the shadows. 

It was the basilisk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello readers! So, now you know who opened the chamberm shocker right? Or were you expecting that? I don't think you were, otherwise I need to work on my plot twists. The next book will have tons of them, and they will be great, I promise! So, like I always say, vote, comment, and just keep reading!