A Strange War (Part 4)-Sherlock

One.

That number was stuck in your mind.

Just one? One outcome that leads to victory? One chance to save the universe? How could it just be one?

Your thoughts were interrupted when you spotted an ominous looking portal type of thing opening up on the ground. A figure walked out and just by seeing him, there was a feeling of dread in the pit of your stomach.

"Oh yeah, you're much more of a Thanos." You heard Stephen say.

Thanos glanced at the crashed ship that sat not too far away. "I take it the Maw is dead."

Stephen nodded slightly. You could feel your heart rate pick up. 'One chance' you kept telling yourself silently. You were freaking out on the inside, not wanting to screw this up. You couldn't! Not if trillions of lives depended on it. You zoned back in when you noticed that the background was changing. Instinctively, you crouched down more so as not to be seen.
However, you couldn't help but look at the beautiful blue sky. It didn't last though as Thanos let the scenery return to normal and the sky became dark and gloomy again.

"And what I predicted came to pass." Thanos said, a little bitterly.

"Congratulations, you're a prophet." Stephen responded with sarcasm.

"I'm a survivor."

"Who wants to murder trillions!"

This caused you to shudder. Just the thought of one person wiping out so many people! It was horrifying!

"With all six stones, I could simply snap my fingers, and they would all cease to exist. I call that...mercy."

You clenched your jaw, grinding your teeth. It was taking so much self control not to jump down right now and attack him!

"And then what?" Strange asked rising to his feet.

"I finally rest," Thanos answered, "And watch the sun rise on a grateful universe." 

You rolled your eyes at that.  Grateful universe?  Why would anyone be grateful about that?!

"The hardest choices require the strongest wills."  The Titan finished.

"I think you'll find..." Stephen began to summon his Mandalas, "our will...equal to yours!"

Thanos tilted his head ever-so-slightly as you prepared to join them on the ground.

"Our?"

He looked up just in time to see a large chunk of wreckage descending rapidly towards him. You used your sling ring and opened a portal in front of you. You jumped into it and landed beside Stephen.

"Piece of cake, Quill."  You heard Tony say after crushing Thanos.

"Yeah if your goal was to piss him off!"  Quill retorted.

Just then, the wreckage exploded in a purple hue as Thanos screamed out in rage. You watched as the pieces of debris transformed into a swarm of bats and chased Tony away. You looked over at Stephen while taking a few deep breaths.

"You ready?" You asked.

He nodded, "You?"

You looked back to Thanos, "As ready as I'll ever be."

The two of you then opened your portals and jumped through. You stood on either side of the mad Titan and created a sword. You and Stephen swung at Thanos at the same time. You aimed for his neck but he reacted quicker than you expected. He curled his hand into a fist and blasted you away using the power stone.
You hit the ground hard but pushed yourself up immediately. You caught a glimpse of Thanos breaking Stephen's sword and knocking him back as well. You sighed knowing that he hadn't been anymore successful than you. You started back towards Thanos, stumbling a bit from the impact with the ground. You hurried back over, trying to stick with the plan. You saw a red material wrapped around the gauntlet. The Cloak of Levitation was keeping the titan from closing his first.
You skidded to a stop just far enough away and started opening portals. Spider-Man flipped through each one kicking and punching Thanos. You were already starting to open another portal when Thanos grabbed Peter and smashed him to the ground. You gasped and quickly summoned your mandalas.