The Strange EndGame (Part 1)-Sherlock

You stared out the window in front of you. The world was dark and quiet. Two qualities that made you shudder every time you thought about them. You sniffed and shifted yourself on the couch, pulling the blanket higher onto your legs. The past two weeks you had been here, at the Avengers facility. You knew you should have been back at home in London to take care of Rosie, but...it was just too difficult. Yes, you realized that this was selfish, but you pushed it aside anyway. You lifted your glass to your lips and took a big swig of whatever the heck you had poured in it. You had guessed it was Scotch.
You barely heard the sound of soft footsteps approaching. Your body instinctually tensed, ready to face whatever threat was coming, but your mind told you that it was just one of the Avengers. The small side lamp clicked on and you looked over.

"Hey."  Steve Rogers greeted you, seeming a bit surprised to see you sitting there in the dark.

You squinted slightly as your eyes tried to adjust to the new light. You didn't say anything as a response, just lifted your glass as a sort of greeting back. You then noticed that his beard was gone. He was now clean-shaven. If you weren't so depressed, you might've smiled and said something snarky about it. But you didn't and just remained silent.

"So, you're just....hanging out in the dark by yourself?" He asked, stating the obvious.

You felt the impulse to roll your eyes at that (perhaps being married to Sherlock had caused a few things to rub off). You held back and instead simply nodded.

"Surprised that it took you all this long to figure out that I've been coming here every night." You commented.

A look of worry displayed over Steve's face. "You haven't been sleeping?"

You shook your head. You took in a deep shaky breath, knowing that you were about to go into a whole speech about why. You blinked a few tears away and began.

"With everything that's happened, I already know that things are never going to be the same." You made eye contact with Steve for just a moment before looking back out the window. "Every time I close my eyes....I don't see anything else, but him." Your voice cracked on the last word.

"Thanos?" Steve asked.

You shuddered just hearing the Titan's name. "You'd think that, wouldn't you?" You paused and shook your head, fighting back the tears. "Sure, it usually starts out on Titan, fighting Thanos. But that isn't the thing that keeps me up at night."

You weren't even looking at Steve but you could already tell he knew where this was going.

"I always end up back there..at Baker Street. And every time..he just disappears....turning to dust right in front of me. And there's nothing I can do to stop it." A tear found its way down your cheek and dripped onto your hand.

"I'm sorry." Steve said softly.

You sniffed and wiped away the tear, while shrugging like it's no big deal. "It is what it is, right?"

Steve smiled sympathetically at you. You were about to say something else when suddenly, the whole room started to shake. You looked around, momentarily confused by what was happening. But then, you saw it. There was a faint glow in the distance, emerging into the atmosphere. For once, a smile appeared on your face, even if it was a small one.

"She found them." You stated.

"Come on!" Steve said and started rushing out the door.

You tried to say something but he was too fast. You grabbed something off the table and ran after him. You slipped the sling ring onto your fingers as you ran. Once you caught up, you pulled him back to slow down. Then, you started waving your hand around in a circle in front of you.