Friendly Meeting

1006 Words excluding the (A/N) this is not a oneshot~ all chapters will be at least 1K words

I do not own Magic Kaito~ If I did, there would be more episodes/chapters and more Hakuba~

Kuroba Kaito, a messy haired boy with chocolate brown locks, and indigo eyes hummed joyfully as he kicked his bare feet at the water's edge. His parents, Kuroba Toichi, and Kuroba Chikage had taken him on vacation to a cottage by a lake.

It was night and he had sneaked out of the cottage easily due to how his parents had told him to stay out since they had wanted some alone time. He always wondered why his parents would never let him join them so that instead, it would be family alone time.

A soft giggle escaped from the boy's lips as he felt something brush past his feet. "Fishy!" Kaito chirped, wiggling his toes, it was a weird feeling.

"Hey boy" Indigo eyes blinked in surprise before glancing backwards. It was a scruffy looking man clad in fisherman's gear. "You really shouldn't be alone by the water so late at night" The man scolded gently, stopping down onto one knee to get closer to the boy's height.

'Ah a stranger!'

A sheepish smile crosses over Kaito's face as he lowered his head bashfully. "Sorry for worrying you Ojisan" Kaito replied, pulling his feet out of the water to instead rest on the dock.

'He's a nice guy!'

"I'm Kaniku Tojiro what's your name?" Tojiro questioned, smiling softly as he gave the boy a gentle pat on the head. Kaito sucked under it, an embarrassed flush colouring his cheeks.

"I'm Kuroba Kaito! Don't treat me like a little kid!" The boy huffed, crossing his arms and protruding his lip in the typical child pouting face. "Oyaji says that I am an independent man" Kaito continued with a confidant nod.

'According to Oyaji, I'm almost ready to learn how to escape handcuffs!'

Tojiro let out an amused whistle, humouring the boy. "I'm sorry, I didn't really get a first good look at you Kaito-sama" The boy fidgeted at the man's teasing tone.

'He's humouring me!, I know it!'

"Why are you here Ojisan?" Kaito questioned, not wanting to make the other stop teasing him. "You're old enough to get hurt if you trip in the dark!" Tojiro's brow twitched at the other's words.

"Hey! I'm not that old Kaito-kun" Tojiro admonished, giving the small boy a playful, but gentle swat on the head before continuing. "I'm here to fish, but I've decided to search for another spot" A smirk appeared on the man's lips when he noticed Kaito perk up at the mention of fishing.

"Have you already caught some?" Kaito asked, voice giddy as he hopped up onto his feet, at the man's nod of confirmation he let out an excited squeal. "Can I see? Fish are so pretty! I love how their scales shine pretty colours in the sun!" The boy was now literally bouncing in excitement at the prospect of playing with fish.

'They're so hard to catch, Ojisan must be pretty cool!'

"I'm sorry, but all my fish are dead" Tojiro snickered silently at the widening of the boy's indigo eyes. They were so pretty.

"Did you... Kill them?..." Kaito's voice was soft, eyes prickling with unshed tears, he loved animals, fish included. The thought of them being killed hurt.

'Poor fishys...'

Tojiro, noting the boy's unease, gently patted his shoulder. "I killed them for food, you eat meat right?" At the boy's not he continued. "That meat used to be an animal, it's okay to kill animals for food. Animals kill other animals for food." Tojiro soothed.

'Guess it makes sense....'

"It's sad..." Kaito's words trailed off.

"It is, would you still like to see them and help me pay respects for their lives?" Tojiro questioned, voice soft as he gently clasped his hand on the boy's right shoulder.

"I'm not supposed to go off with strangers... Oyaji and Kaa-san said that it was dangerous" Kaito replied, an apologetic smile gracing his lips. He didn't want to disobey his parents.

Tojiro raised a brow "That's fine, I'm not a stranger. We've been talking for a good while which means that we are now friends" Kaito's eyes narrowed in thought for a few moments before he nodded.

'I guess it's okay since we're friends...'

"Okay, I'll help the fishys go to heaven with you" Kaito cheered, bouncing up and down.

Tojiro nodded with a smile and offered the boy his hand. "It's dark, I don't want you to trip and fall or get lost and then eaten by a wild bear or something" At the mention of being eaten, the boy quickly grabbed the offered hand before glancing around nervously.

"There are bears around here?" His voice wavering slightly, he hadn't thought about bears.

'I don't want to be eaten!'

Tojiro nodded with a chuckle "And wolves, though they usually prefer bigger prey." He replied, leading the boy away from the docks and towards a forest path. "But don't worry, I'll protect you" He soothed, gently squeezing the other's hand.

"Thanks, my parents would miss me if I got eaten" Kaito replied, eyes continuously flickering around in search of danger.

"I bet they would, you're an adorable boy, very cute" Tojiro praised, causing Kaito's face to flush.

"I-I'm not cute! Girls are cute!" Kaito whined, his foot got caught on a root, causing him to fall. "Ah!—" The boy began, only for his yell to be cut short by Tojiro's arms wrapping around him. "Oh, thanks..." Kaito whispered, embarrassed. He wasn't supposed to be clumsy, clumsiness could ruin a magic trick.

'Oyaji taught me better than that!'

"It's fine, you're nice and small. It wasn't much trouble to catch you" Tojiro chuckled, setting the boy back down onto the ground. Brushing away the wrinkles on Kaito's clothes, before trailing his fingers through the boy's unruly hair. "Please be more careful, you don't want any scratches on your cute face do you?" Kaito pursed his lips into a pout at Tojiro's words, he didn't like being called cute, however this time he paid attention to where he was stepping.

Me: so how was this? It's only the first chapter of more to come~ I'll update this within 7 days of posting this part (unless I get into a freak accident which is unlikely since I only leave house for food and bank) yay to no social life~