'Scales and Tribe Descriptions

This is a combination of a new page and most of 'Welcome'. Scales include 'scales like firescales. All the tribes have been enchanted to be better and more powerful by an animus. All the tribes have animus dragons, are bigger, stronger, and faster, and have the old abilities amplified. Any dragon born under a comet can glow, or are very lucky (in games of chance, or in anything divided by luck or chance, they are slightly better. They are also just a little better at everything.) Each tribe has developed specific adaptions. You can have royal family members that aren't on the list, but hybrid royals must marry into the family or be adopted.

Tribe Descriptions:

MudWings

Description: Thick, armored brown, amber, cinnamon, red, dark green, dark purple, dark blue, or gold scales, with warmer eyes, large, flat heads with nostrils on top of the snout; thick tails with a spike at the end, very big, long, thick claws, have two eyelids, one clear and one normal; big snouts, thick skin and bones.

Abilities: Can breathe fire, make plants instantly grow and create rocks and mud; called plantbreath, rockbreath, and mud-creation; hold their breath for up to an hour; blend into mud puddles; usually very strong; if hatched from a blood-red egg, they are completely resistant to fire and extreme sources of heat (like the amount of resistance a firescales dragonet has). Longer, stronger, more powerful claws, night vision, sharp, strong, hard teeth, can close their noses, one clear and one normal, are resistant to most diseases like NightWings, some natural resistance to heat (like a blood-red egg dragonet in canon), can be healed by mud.

Queen and Royal Family: Queen Moorhen, Princess Heron, Prince Egret, Prince Ibis, Prince Cormorant, Princess Lily, Prince Cypress. NOTE: Prince Cypress and Princess Lily were adopted into the royal family and are MudWing-LeafWing hybrids.

Diet: Livestock (cows), fruit, swamp animals; diet is widely varied

Culture: MudWings do not stay together for life, and have breeding night once a month. They are instead raised by their siblings, and they are very loyal to one another. Each group of siblings live in a mud house of their own and will fight and die for one another. Each group is lead by the bigwings, which is the biggest and first-hatched of the dragonets.

Students at Jade Mountain: Clover (SkyWing hybrid), and Mythical (also 1/10 of every other tribe), Otter (teacher)

SandWings

Description: Pale yellow or brown-colored scales occasionally with hints of gold, orange, pink; sunset colors; ridge along spine; black eyes; large barb on end of the tail, long front fangs like a snake, scales radiate heat.

Abilities: Can survive long periods of time without food or water; withstand intense heat; breathe fire; inject a deadly venom through a barb on their tail, agile, large, sharp fangs that inject venom like a snake, can resist fire, can create sand and control sand, have ink in their talons. 

Queen and Royal Family: Queen Thorn, King Smolder, Princess Sunny, Prince Starflight, Prince Starnight, Princess Scorpion, and Prince Pyramid. 

Diet: Insects, livestock (camels), birds, rats, camel milk, lizards,

Culture: SandWings stay together for life. They have cities and a society similar to humans. Some SandWings live in the palace, however, others live in simple but well-made houses. They are known to like music and are similar to the Egyptians.

Students at Jade Mountain: Sinai, Grievous, Mythical (also 1/10 of every other tribe), and Starnight (also 3/4 NightWing)

SkyWings

Description: Red, orange, white, light blue, pink, purple or gold scales like fire, clouds, or a sunset; enormous wings; warm-colored eyes, elegant snout, long tails and necks, tall.