Chapter 7

{ Edited - 13th August, 2021 }
{ Edited - 5th May, 2024 }

I glanced at Radi, but he shook his head, showing he wasn't willing to go and leave his mother behind. "What did you say to me!" The man snapped loudly.

A loud crash startled me as something fell right in front of the bed. It gave me the courage to open the trapdoor, which led me and Radi to slide out onto the ground beneath the carriage. As soon as we landed, I quickly scanned the area and noticed military boots pacing around the camp, accompanied by their dogs sniffing the surroundings.

It didn't take much time for a dog to pick up on the scent of Radi and I. "Anita, they're coming here," Radi whispered in a panic.

"I can see that, stay calm," I whispered back to him. I have to create a diversion. If I could control my peculiarity whenever I want or if I had a deep emotional connection with the weather, the diversion would happen right here, precisely where I am.

What if I send the distraction location far away from here? But how can I make that happen?! Is it even possible?

As I glanced at Radi again, I noticed his frantic gaze scanning the surroundings. Feeling a sense of exasperation, I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, focusing my thoughts. The only place that vividly appeared in my mind was the spot where we had set foot on this land for the first time. I envisioned the dreary beach and pinpointed the exact location where I desired to unleash a thunderstorm. Opening my eyes, disappointment washed over me as there was no lightning or rumble of thunder. Dammit, okay, maybe I have to work up the feeling to do that?

I shut my eyes once more, visualized the dreary beach again, and summoned the negative energy. I imagined where I wanted the storm to hit, and after focusing intently and channelling my own energy, I heard over 15 loud thunderclaps echoing in the distance.

As I woke up, I noticed that everyone's gaze was fixed on a specific spot in the far distance. It piqued my curiosity, and I couldn't help but wonder what had captured their attention. "It's the girl's whereabouts! Let's move it!" As the man shouted, his troops swiftly dashed towards their military van accompanied by their loyal dogs, disappearing from the view of the camp.

I managed to wriggle out from beneath the carriage, with Radi following closely behind. Bekhir appeared around the corner and noticed our struggle, lending a helping hand to get us back on our feet. Initially, I experienced a wave of dizziness, lightheadedness, nausea, and overwhelming exhaustion once more.

"That is the last time I will ever be doing that!" I said as I despite how I was feeling, I made sure to dust myself off.

"Come, Radi, let's go to the clinic," said Bekhir, "Are you okay there, Anita?" He said as he looked in my direction.

"Yeah, just tired I suppose," I smiled. Bekhir nodded confidently before walking away. I strolled around the trailer and approached the cage where the children were kept, the same children I recognized. "Are you guys okay in there?" I asked.

"Kira!" - Emma

"Oh my bird, Kira, holy crap!" - Bronwyn

"Kira, you're alive!" - Olive

"For god's sake, Kira!" - Enoch

"Kira, can you get us out of here?" asked Jake.

"I don't suppose you got the chance to talk to the leader?" said a voice next to me.

"I was going to but it seems like you guys grabbed the whole camp's attention first,"

"Speaking of the leader, where is he?" - Millard