Chapter 19

{ Edited - 7th Oct, 2021 }
{ Edited - 9th May, 2024 }

"We meet again," With a voice as deep as the ocean trench, the blue man spoke. "My name is Sergei Andropov, and I am captain of peculiar resistance army. Come, I show you around."

"I knew he was peculiar!" Bronwyn said.

"No, you didn't," said Enoch. "You only thought he was."

"I knew you were peculiar the second I saw you," said the blue man. "How you weren't captured long time ago?"

"Because we're wily," said Hugh.

"He means lucky," Jake said.

"But mostly just hungry," said Enoch. "Got any food around here? I could eat an emu-raffe." Whenever someone mentioned food, my stomach would growl like a hungry beast. It had been ages since any of us had eaten, ever since our train journey to London.

"Of course," said the folding man. "This way."

"I'll be back later, okay?" said Emma, "Just rest up,"

Everyone exited the infirmary, trailing behind the blue man, leaving only Timone and me behind.

After everyone else departed, I decided to take a quick nap. It was my only escape from the pain I was feeling. When I woke up again, I found myself lying there, gazing at the ceiling, lost in my thoughts. Should I inflict pain upon myself to heal instantly by striking myself, or should I let time heal me naturally? Before I could make up my mind, I observed mist emanating from my arms, slowly descending to my hands, and eventually transforming into a cloud above me.

It began to softly rumble as though it was operating independently, not mirroring my emotions at last. I observed it gradually turning gray as it expanded on its own, rumbling more loudly. The mist ceased streaming from my arm, but the cloud above me started to rumble, indicating that a strike was imminent.

Suddenly, a deafening thunderclap burst from the tiny cloud, creating an echoing effect throughout the room I occupied. Out of nowhere, a dazzling flash appeared, causing a sharp stinging sensation to course through my entire body.

To my astonishment, the lightning had struck my hand and appeared to be firmly lodged there. The intense heat emanating from it made me extremely uncomfortable, almost as if it were scorching through my hand. Despite my efforts to shake it off, I discovered that I couldn't even lift my hand; it felt as though this lightning bolt weighed a ton.

As I touched my hand, I could feel the skin splitting. To my surprise, the lightning bolt that had been shining brightly turned into a vibrant neon blue. But that wasn't the only thing that grabbed my attention; I couldn't help but notice the intricate pattern of my veins. . . . The neon blue glow began to illuminate slowly, as the searing pain crept up my veins and spread throughout my body.

All of a sudden, every vein in my body was glowing a bright blue. The intense pain surged before suddenly disappearing along with the strange glow, the storm cloud above me, and finally the lightning bolt. It was as if it had never occurred.

I examined my hand, which had been stuck, and noticed a clear red line - an open cut with no blood. Glancing at my arm once more, I saw no trace of the blue glow. Instead, something else grabbed my focus - all my injuries, wounds, and allergic reactions had vanished.

After mustering up the courage, I finally managed to leave my bed. As soon as my feet made contact with the ground and I stood up, a fresh wave of pain washed over my head. It was likely due to dehydration, especially after the mist had left my body. But a mere headache wouldn't deter me from taking a stroll around the infirmary to alleviate the soreness in my legs.

The PeregrinesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara