Seven.

Whitney

"What the hell, Toni?!" I never expected those words to come out of Janet's mouth. It's been years since Tye was in the picture, so therefore I assume the incident happened over a decade ago. My poor sister really struggled to confide in us, and it bothers me a lot.

"Whit, I didn't know she went through that. I'm her big sister and trust me, I'm in shock too." The guilt was starting to overcome her. At times Toni was the sensitive one, for reasons we'll never know. For a fact, Dad looked extremely surprised.

"I'm going to go now." Robert said. Leaving the house, we could really discuss things. This whole bombshell was really traumatic for the family. Toni grabbed her belongings and left, too. Heading outside, she was in the driver's seat ready to zoom off.

"Toni, stop being childish." I said through the glass window. Knocking on it, eventually she became annoyed, causing her to unlock her car. Rushing over to the passenger's side, I hopped in the car. We sat in silence for a few minutes, then I heard small sniffles coming from Toni.

I wasn't good with having these kinds of talks with my sisters, so it was pretty difficult for myself. I positioned myself in the seat, looking towards her direction. She looked out her tinted window, wiping the falling tears.

"I know how you feel. I really do, Tone."

"How would you know? It's like everything is going great for you." Maybe Toni and I haven't really spoken like that.

"I'm a newly widowed woman, who's raising a son and currently expecting." Toni looked over at me, with a stunned look on her face. The same expression I had on my face when I found out yesterday. It was truly unexpected, but now it's something I'm going to have to deal with.

"You're," Silently nodding my head, I confirmed the question before she even finished asking. Deep down, I was extremely sad; knowing my best friend was gone, letting me become a single parent. The only thing that comes to mind is Morgan, for he has been the only child for eight years.

"It's okay sis, I'll be here for you." I've heard those words before. Right when my husband was about to be on a business trip that lasted for six months, Toni said that. Did she follow through? No.

Disappointed but not surprised. It didn't even matter to me, nobody was going to be there for me. Janet went God knows where, and Toni is too busy with her career and family.

Maybe life wasn't worth it.