Chapter I

"Get off me you oversized baboon!"

            "Oi! That's rude!"

            Libby pushed her brother off of her.

            "Oh, shut up!" Libby retorted as she straightened herself up and walked over to the screen. She took a closer look at the monitor and her eyes widened drastically, "Uh... well. We're definitely not on Barcelona." The Doctor stumbled over to her side and looked at the screen as well, "Blimey!" Rose looked at them in concern, "What? What is it?"

Let's rewind a bit shall we?

            It was after the New Earth hospital scandal and The Return of the Bitchy Trampoline aka; Cassandra the "Last Human" and the Time Lord siblings were finally taking Rose to the planet Barcelona to prove the dogs there honestly had no noses (Rose was still very much skeptical). The Doctor wanted to pilot as he was still hopped up on regeneration energy but much to his chagrin Libby protested as it was her turn to pilot ('At least I passed my flight test!') but her brother didn't listen and threatened to pull the 'I'm older than you' card and take away her sonic screwdriver at which point Libby proceeded to sulk childishly in the pilot's chair.

            During the flight, however, the TARDIS had given a large jolt and threw the trio to the floor as it bucked back in forth in the Time Vortex. As their blonde companion scrambled around for something to grab on to the siblings struggled to reach the top of the console and regain control. With one last lurch the TARDIS came to a standstill and the two surviving Time Lords had landed on the floor with a giant thud, the brother on top of his sister which now brings the story back to the beginning.

            Libby looked over at her brother before she smirked, "Nothing! Let's go shall we," she skipped over to Rose and turned around to face her brother before she lifted a delicate brow. "Come along brother dear," he stumbled behind them as they strode out of the TARDIS.

            The trees that greeted them were flushed with bright green leaves and there was moss covering the trunks and rocks. There wasn't any noise other than those of the nature around them, they could hear the babbling of a brook nearby and listened as a soft breeze danced between the trees and enveloped them in a soft embrace, a peaceful contrast to the bustling noises of London with its bitter chill that burrowed into the bone. The sky was a brilliant blue with soft wisps of cloud, a striking difference to the skies of London that regularly sported a murky gray. The air was refreshing, clean of any pollutants and the faint smell of nature's earthy perfume reached their noses.

            Rose gaped in awe, "This is beautiful, where are we?" The Doctor peered deeper into the forest while Libby leaned back her head to stare up into the sky. "I believe we're in the late 10th century in the New World," Libby replied before she breathed in deeply. Rose sniffed the air and the faint scent of cooked meat and spices reached her nose. "Doctor, Libby do you smell that?" The two breathed in deeply as the wind blew in their direction and a plethora of scents filled their noses. "Food, ale, metal, sweat, blood, fire," The Doctor said with a sniff in between each word before he grinned. "Vikings!"

***

            The trio trekked through the foliage for what seemed like hours before they broke through the trees to find... "Civilization!" The Doctor crowed in victory and waved his hands into the air. "See I told you... Vikings!" Libby snorted before she whispered to Rose, "It was on the screen." The human smirked before she whispered back, "We give him this one, yeah?" Libby tilted her head as a mischievous look twinkled in her eyes before she smirked. Rose looked down at both her and Libby's clothing... their clothes weren't exactly up to the 10th century standards. "Um, shouldn't we change? We're not exactly dressed as Vikings." Libby glanced down at her see through tight covered legs and skirt with her boots and then glanced at Rose's outfit. The blonde was right; they were definitely not dressed right.

            "Hang on," Libby pulled off her bag and opened it before putting her arm and pulled out two floor-length cloaks. "Here we are. This should keep us covered until we figure something else out," Rose glanced at her bag in awe before laughing and looked over at The Doctor who had walked off without them and was wandering amongst the villagers. With their cloaks clasped and successfully hiding their lack of clothing the girls raced over before Libby's brother could make a fool of himself, which was easier said than done.

***

            Keeping an eye on the Doctor, as Rose soon found out, was actually highly amusing. Every so often the girl watched as Libby would send a glare over at her brother when he was doing/ or about to do something stupid. She then looked on as he would wince and rub the back of his head before sending a glare back (Rose had previously found out that the two siblings could communicate via thought)after being scolded by his younger sister. Eventually the two girls just sighed in exasperation and walked away 'Serves him right if he ends up getting knocked around by a Viking' Libby had grumbled under her breath.

            Rose and Libby laughed as they looked down at a table filled with beautiful pieces of authentic Viking jewelry and soft fabrics and conversed with the vendors. "Libby, I thought that Christopher Columbus discovered the Americas in 1492. How's it that there are Vikings here now?" The Time Lady grinned impishly, "Many believe Christopher to be the first European to set foot in the Americas. Technically he didn't even make it up to North America just the South, we may or may not have had a part in that," Rose looked at her friend with wide eyes as Libby winked at her. "Anyways a good 500 years before the birth of good ol' Christopher, Leif Eriksson the son of Erik the Red set sail from Greenland and landed in Canada. I guess after a while this lot decided to travel down the coast and settled here."

            Rose nodded her head, "So where exactly is here?" Before she could answer back Libby rammed into a large wall.